Showa 49mm Fork Part ID and Locate!

sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
Edited Date/Time 4/8/2019 5:13am
We had a customer drop off a set of forks from a 2018 RMZ450 that broke some internal parts. They had disassembled the damage fork and brought the parts in a bag. Upon replacing the damaged parts we went to reassemble and discovered this one washer missing. These pictures are from another set we are doing. The circled washer is what's missing, does anyone have an idea where we can find this washer, Showa told our customer to try fastenal. We would like to find an OEM replacement without replacing the entire assembly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

|
colvin227
4/3/2019 9:03pm
I’d try PC, Racetech, or Factory Connections. They should all be able to steer you in the right direction and have ways to get OEM stuff that “we” cant
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
4/4/2019 3:04am
Have already tried 2 out of the 3. Will try the last one today.
PL727
4/4/2019 5:48am
I would give Steve Ross at factory connection a call, he is at the New Hampshire location
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
4/5/2019 2:46am
No one has any idea where to get just this one part. All the big shops are saying run it without it and it will be fine, just adjust the preload for it not being in. I am not on board with it, but it is what the customer wants to do. Thanks for the replies!

The Shop

sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
4/6/2019 3:31am
Sometimes SDI has has those parts. Hope it holds up for the customer.
Tired there too! Thanks, we hope it works too! 3 different "big time" shops have said run it no problem. I am not thrilled about it at all... I have spent many hours looking for this one part to no avail.
slipdog
4/6/2019 4:18am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
Tired there too! Thanks, we hope it works too! 3 different "big time" shops have said run it no problem. I am not thrilled about it...
Tired there too! Thanks, we hope it works too! 3 different "big time" shops have said run it no problem. I am not thrilled about it at all... I have spent many hours looking for this one part to no avail.
Email me your address, I have one for you.
Rotaholic
4/8/2019 12:40am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
We had a customer drop off a set of forks from a 2018 RMZ450 that broke some internal parts. They had disassembled the damage fork and...
We had a customer drop off a set of forks from a 2018 RMZ450 that broke some internal parts. They had disassembled the damage fork and brought the parts in a bag. Upon replacing the damaged parts we went to reassemble and discovered this one washer missing. These pictures are from another set we are doing. The circled washer is what's missing, does anyone have an idea where we can find this washer, Showa told our customer to try fastenal. We would like to find an OEM replacement without replacing the entire assembly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Did you have the stock stacks for that fork?

Hope you found that washer, could have machined one but they have a telfon type coating on one side
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
4/8/2019 3:25am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
We had a customer drop off a set of forks from a 2018 RMZ450 that broke some internal parts. They had disassembled the damage fork and...

Rotaholic wrote:
Did you have the stock stacks for that fork? Hope you found that washer, could have machined one but they have a telfon type coating on...

Hope you found that washer, could have machined one but they have a telfon type coating on one side
I will check with my tech but we should have it yes!
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
4/8/2019 3:29am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
Tired there too! Thanks, we hope it works too! 3 different "big time" shops have said run it no problem. I am not thrilled about it...
slipdog wrote:
Email me your address, I have one for you.
DM sent THANKS MAN you rock!
slipdog
4/8/2019 5:01am
Rotaholic wrote:
Did you have the stock stacks for that fork? Hope you found that washer, could have machined one but they have a telfon type coating on...

Here ya go.

Post a reply to: Showa 49mm Fork Part ID and Locate!

The Latest