SSS AER swap questions

bm201
Edited Date/Time 10/19/2019 7:13am
Sick of checking air pressure. Few questions I had regarding the SSS swap.

1) Can the WP lugs swap over to the KYB? And if so, is clamping areas the same?
2) If option 1 isn’t viable, what all is required in swapping internals?

Another option is getting a set of older wp closed cartridges and running the bigger axle and dropping in the clamps a bit. I know you can buy a spring conversion to drop in the AER but isn’t that similar to the SFF with one fork being spring and the other compression and rebound?

Any input appreciated! Thanks.
|
10/16/2019 1:16am
bm201 wrote:
Sick of checking air pressure. Few questions I had regarding the SSS swap. 1) Can the WP lugs swap over to the KYB? And if so...
Sick of checking air pressure. Few questions I had regarding the SSS swap.

1) Can the WP lugs swap over to the KYB? And if so, is clamping areas the same?
2) If option 1 isn’t viable, what all is required in swapping internals?

Another option is getting a set of older wp closed cartridges and running the bigger axle and dropping in the clamps a bit. I know you can buy a spring conversion to drop in the AER but isn’t that similar to the SFF with one fork being spring and the other compression and rebound?

Any input appreciated! Thanks.
Buy the KYB Kit from technical touch, those cartridges are absolutely amazing. I had them and loved them. So far I prefer the cartridge kit to my cone valves Sad
10/18/2019 9:25am
Buy the KYB Kit from technical touch, those cartridges are absolutely amazing. I had them and loved them. So far I prefer the cartridge kit to...
Buy the KYB Kit from technical touch, those cartridges are absolutely amazing. I had them and loved them. So far I prefer the cartridge kit to my cone valves Sad
Hi Craig, you look pretty disappointed with your CV, can you point the bad sides compared to the KYB ?

Thx,

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
10/18/2019 3:05pm
Buy the KYB Kit from technical touch, those cartridges are absolutely amazing. I had them and loved them. So far I prefer the cartridge kit to...
Hi Craig, you look pretty disappointed with your CV, can you point the bad sides compared to the KYB ?

Thx,
Enzo swapped out my cones in the Cone Valves for a traditional shim stack and now they are the best forks I've ever ridden on a KTM. Evil So I can totally see how a Kit set of KYB can be just as good, if not better.

ben5020
10/19/2019 5:27am
I have a set of kyb sss forks with kyb billet lugs, pro circuit national spring tubes, sdi spring perch and xtrig triple clamps for a ktm/husky direct bolt on.
2600 shipped. If interested feel free to reach out via call or text
Ben
61096002eightseven
10/19/2019 6:39am

Thx,
Hello Baton. Personally I thought the front end traction I got from the KYB kit was unbelievable. The front of my bike gripped amazingly, I will say I get more comfort from the cone valves so I’m hoping it’s just set up issues etc.
10/19/2019 6:41am

Thx,
Enzo swapped out my cones in the Cone Valves for a traditional shim stack and now they are the best forks I've ever ridden on a...
Enzo swapped out my cones in the Cone Valves for a traditional shim stack and now they are the best forks I've ever ridden on a KTM. Evil So I can totally see how a Kit set of KYB can be just as good, if not better.

I think I might ask my tuner to go down this route but he didn’t seem keen on doing this.
mx317
10/19/2019 7:13am
I think I might ask my tuner to go down this route but he didn’t seem keen on doing this.
After having two other very good companys do my Cone Valves, I had Enzo use regular mid-valves and they are awesome!

Post a reply to: SSS AER swap questions

The Latest