Road legal CR125 pipe limitation removal (photos inside)

Yotam
Edited Date/Time 7/11/2019 3:04pm
Hi guys, i am not sure how it goes in the US but in Europe, road legal 125’s comes with pipe that kills the engine HP to fit the law of 14 HP max for a 125 (scooter, mx bike no matter which)
So my CR125 came with 2 pipes
The 14 HP one and the oem that produce whatever CR can put on the wheel (25-30-35) so, for KTM/SHERCO/HUSQY/BETA/TM etc 125’s comes with pipe that has different shape and there is nothing to do with it except from disposal or making nice table with “pipe legs”, the last is very popular here
But the Honda comes with pipe that has regular shape but has strange pipe, and some filter, i belive that that what kills the engine
So is there anything I can do to remove the limitation?
Some cut & weld short job that will let me use the pipe?
Has anyone done that before?
Can anyone understand what exactly limit the power here?
Maybe it will be an easy job

|
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/11/2019 3:04pm
That baffle in the headpipe has to go. You'd also have to cut off the additional breather pipe and weld the hole shut. I don't know if there's anything else in there to remove, however. You may be better off just buying an aftermarket pipe and installing that one on the bike.
Keep in mind that more exhaust flow = more air. You'll need to jet the bike richer to compensate.
Yotam
7/12/2019 1:42pm
Falcon wrote:
That baffle in the headpipe has to go. You'd also have to cut off the additional breather pipe and weld the hole shut. I don't know...
That baffle in the headpipe has to go. You'd also have to cut off the additional breather pipe and weld the hole shut. I don't know if there's anything else in there to remove, however. You may be better off just buying an aftermarket pipe and installing that one on the bike.
Keep in mind that more exhaust flow = more air. You'll need to jet the bike richer to compensate.
Thanks for the reply
The bike has an FMF on it fight now and another PC waiting on the shelf
The thing is that the bike feels little more crisp with the oem pipe
So if i can have another oem pipe for few simple steps I guess it worth it

Post a reply to: Road legal CR125 pipe limitation removal (photos inside)

The Latest