Rm125 with ktm carb

ecmx274
I have a 04 rm125 that the stock carb was trashed on and before I buy another stock carb I have a few questions. I recently bought a 2018 ktm 250sx mikuni to try. It has a #4 slide which the rm carb had as well. I’m thinking I will try running the stock rm jetting in the ktm carb and go from there. What I’m unsure of is if I should set the float height to what the rm manual sets it at or if I should use the 250sx specs? Do you guys think I’m making the right choice using the rm jetting specs or should I maybe use the 125sx specs? I’m lost on what to do and I bought it without jets so I need to decide on something before I spend money on jets. I have lots of mjs and pjs but I need to purchase some needles. Anyone try this or have some advice on what jetting to start out with?
|
AxlBundy
10/23/2020 3:17am
Set up the carb to the carbs specs re float height.

I think you got taken buying that carb. KTM guys ditched the impossible to tune mikuni’s and put Keihin PWK’s on right away. No doubt where that carb came from
AxlBundy
10/23/2020 3:19am
Check with JD jetting on a set up for your carb. 125 jetting chart should get you close
ecmx274
10/23/2020 5:21am
AxlBundy wrote:
Set up the carb to the carbs specs re float height. I think you got taken buying that carb. KTM guys ditched the impossible to tune...

I think you got taken buying that carb. KTM guys ditched the impossible to tune mikuni’s and put Keihin PWK’s on right away. No doubt where that carb came from
The mikuni works great on the rm if you jet it correctly. I tried a pwk on a rm before you can make them work but its a battle and took me awhile I do want to try one with the stic though. Right now I’m intrigued by the dicks racing stage 3 carb mods but I want to make sure I can get the ktm carb to work before doing them. I wouldn’t say I got got as I’m aware of the ktm problems but bought the carb for a rm.
Bruce372
10/23/2020 8:31am
AxlBundy wrote:
Set up the carb to the carbs specs re float height. I think you got taken buying that carb. KTM guys ditched the impossible to tune...

You realize rm and yz 125s have been running great on the same mikuni carb the ktm uses?

The Shop

Bruce372
10/23/2020 8:34am
AxlBundy wrote:

ecmx274 wrote:
The mikuni works great on the rm if you jet it correctly. I tried a pwk on a rm before you can make them work but...
The mikuni works great on the rm if you jet it correctly. I tried a pwk on a rm before you can make them work but its a battle and took me awhile I do want to try one with the stic though. Right now I’m intrigued by the dicks racing stage 3 carb mods but I want to make sure I can get the ktm carb to work before doing them. I wouldn’t say I got got as I’m aware of the ktm problems but bought the carb for a rm.
I used a 38mm pwk on a rm144 years ago and it needed a 4 slide to work property

Post a reply to: Rm125 with ktm carb

The Latest