Replacing cases on 2007 cr250r

rhummel628
Edited Date/Time 2/23/2021 9:57pm
Well, after almost 14 years of solid reliability, my 2007 cr finally had a major failure. My countershaft bearing came apart and cracked the case pretty bad last weekend at E-street. I plan on replacing the left side case and whole rotating assembly but my questing is, should I replace both cases? The right side doesn’t appear to be broken but who knows what I’ll find when I split them apart. Also, does anyone know if new oem cases come with bearings already installed? I was going to order a wrench rabbit kit but according to the parts diagram on motosport, it appears the bearings are all included in the cases halves? If they are included, I will most likely end up going with a new oem crank.
|
mxracer666
2/23/2021 9:57pm
rhummel628 wrote:
Well, after almost 14 years of solid reliability, my 2007 cr finally had a major failure. My countershaft bearing came apart and cracked the case pretty...
Well, after almost 14 years of solid reliability, my 2007 cr finally had a major failure. My countershaft bearing came apart and cracked the case pretty bad last weekend at E-street. I plan on replacing the left side case and whole rotating assembly but my questing is, should I replace both cases? The right side doesn’t appear to be broken but who knows what I’ll find when I split them apart. Also, does anyone know if new oem cases come with bearings already installed? I was going to order a wrench rabbit kit but according to the parts diagram on motosport, it appears the bearings are all included in the cases halves? If they are included, I will most likely end up going with a new oem crank.
New Honda cases come with the bearings installed.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
2/24/2021 5:56am
Honda cases are not a "matched set". You can replace case halves individually. The halves are not a machine fit to each other and use a paper gasket in the center.

You should plan to vapor blast the old, right case as it is likely stained from years of dirt and will look pretty bad next to the brand new left case. I've done this exact fix before and the owner didn't care about looks and it sure looked pretty ridiculous. In the end, you'll probably want to blast everything.. cylinder, clutch cover, etc so it all looks new and consistent.

Post a reply to: Replacing cases on 2007 cr250r

The Latest