Remove Husky/KTM Rear Wheel Bearings - Help

MOTO120
Edited Date/Time 12/12/2016 10:06am
Clearly I'm not the worlds most knowledgeable mechanic....someone please inform me how to get the bearings out of the rear hub??? Front was easy, pop the seals out and drive the bearings out from side opposite...no issues. This rear hub on the other hand is being a bit troublesome for me.

According to the parts fiche, there is a lock ring between the seal and the bearing on the rotor side of the hub...is this correct? Does that mean for some reason the sprocket side bearing needs to come out first? I can't even seem to get the seals out in order to gain access to the lock ring...these seals seem to be metal? I guess I'm just a bit challenged on this one...someone please provide me some insight BlinkAngry
|
XC706
Fantasy
668th
12/12/2016 5:16pm
Yes there is a snap ring on the rear wheel. Get some penetrating oil or WD40 on the seal/hub. Take the longest flat blade screw driver you have and work your way around the seal to get it out. After the seals and snap ring is out heat up the hub with a propane torch which will help in removing the bearings.

Post a reply to: Remove Husky/KTM Rear Wheel Bearings - Help

The Latest