Rem/Isf finishing

i was wondering if this is worth it to do on my 06 yz125 while i have it apart? also does anyone know of a good place to have my transmission done. Im in cali but can ship anywhere in the U.S. Thanks
|
rob162
5/31/2019 10:37pm
Crank works in Tempe Arizona does it and at a good price. Worth it especially worth it if your already tearing the motor down.
crc245
5/31/2019 11:56pm
It's good, as is WPC treatment based out of Torrance. Helps them shift smoothly under a load, especially when you're working that 6-speed for all it's worth. When my 2006 grenaded the trans from the now superseded shift stopper, I had mine done by Yoshimura; highly recommend it. Make sure you contact whoever's doing the work, as more than just your gears can be finished, basically any moving/loaded parts. Even some of the PV assembly.

PS: Don't forget to update the shift stopper if you haven't already on that 2006...

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/512858-replace-your-shift-stopper/
mxtech1
6/6/2019 5:33pm
It is a worthwhile process, but you won't gain much power, if that's what you are thinking. There is surprisingly little decrease in the coefficient of friction of a super finished steel part. However, there are good gains to be made in the oil hydrodynamics. It will run cooler and and the gear box will have better oil coverage which is felt as smoother shifting.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
6/7/2019 4:40pm
I did it on my 125 when it was apart. I had Yoshimura do the process.

There’s a new process called CryoHeat that does this also. I’m going to have them do some other parts of mine. Says it makes the parts more durable.

The Shop

Luxon MX
Fantasy
1205th
6/8/2019 11:51am
If you want the real deal, go with WPC Treatment. It's night and day better than REM or polishing, or whatever. It's all about hydrodynamic lubrication. WPC creates tiny indentations all over the part that allow oil to accumulate and dramatically reduce friction vs. a shiny polished REM part.

And skip cryo unless you've got a lot of money to throw around. There's no real evidence that it even works enough to make any difference unless the heat treatment of your parts was screwed up originally. Even the cryo guys claim minimal hardness gains. Unless your parts are on the very edge of breaking, any claimed strength increases due to martensite conversion will be irrelevant and may come with a decrease in toughness.
6/8/2019 11:59am
Luxon MX wrote:
If you want the real deal, go with WPC Treatment. It's night and day better than REM or polishing, or whatever. It's all about hydrodynamic lubrication...
If you want the real deal, go with WPC Treatment. It's night and day better than REM or polishing, or whatever. It's all about hydrodynamic lubrication. WPC creates tiny indentations all over the part that allow oil to accumulate and dramatically reduce friction vs. a shiny polished REM part.

And skip cryo unless you've got a lot of money to throw around. There's no real evidence that it even works enough to make any difference unless the heat treatment of your parts was screwed up originally. Even the cryo guys claim minimal hardness gains. Unless your parts are on the very edge of breaking, any claimed strength increases due to martensite conversion will be irrelevant and may come with a decrease in toughness.
alright sweet hanks for the advice. Ill have to check out WPC treatment

Post a reply to: Rem/Isf finishing

The Latest