Relocating CR250 CDI Box

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2017 5:26 AM

I've installed a front end of an 09 CRF450 on my 03 CR250 and want to install the steering damper. obviously the CDI box is in the way and I understand the CRF CDI is significantly smaller than the CR's one.

I was thinking of places to put the CDI box and currently am thinking inside the airbox might be a relatively clean and tidy spot for it. I also thought under the top shock mount on the frame, but don't want it to get too wet or hot. Finally, mounting on the frame spar is an option but I don't really want to modify the frame (i.e. drill holes on it). It's also a little exposed.

Anyone have pictures or ideas?

|

9/3/2017 8:28 AM

On the old 2stroke Motocross website there was a guy who did a rebuild and he relocated the cdi and all the other electronics to the air box. He also smoothed out the frame where the stuff was mounted. Unfortunately I cannot find the article.

|

No brains, No headaches.

9/3/2017 10:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2017 7:15 AM

Here is good info on a relocation of the CDI box on an 03 CR250r. It's on pg. 20.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Full-Tilt-CR250-Two-Stroke-Build,1295530?page=20

If I recall the member is also running a 12 CRF450r KYB forks / triple clamps front end with the steering damper.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.