Rear brake sight glass leak and clutch cylinder leak

Related:
Create New Tag

7/13/2018 5:36 AM

Hey everyone,

Just noticed a small leak coming from the rear brake sight glass on my 04 KTM 125. Just wondering if i could still ride with it leaking keeping in mind its not much at all while i wait to get it fixed or welded. The hydraulic clutch slave cylinder is also leaking a small amount of oil from where the gasket is. Does this just mean a new gasket is needed and all will be good? Can i also still ride with it leaking a bit? Thanks for reading hopefully my questions can be answered.

|

7/13/2018 7:43 AM

If your brake is still working you should be fine, just keep that in mind to be safe.

The master cylinder might just be some overflow. But yes if it doesn’t stop, just replace the rubber gasket.

|

7/13/2018 10:54 AM

I wouldnt ride it. Theres a lot of pressure on the brakes. Leaks are no good. Theres various companies that will weld up the sight glass so its no longer an issue. Im sure you can repair it too. Ive never had an issue with the glass so no idea how to fix it properly.

|

7/15/2018 6:58 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

If your brake is still working you should be fine, just keep that in mind to be safe.

The master cylinder might just be some overflow. But yes if it doesn’t stop, just replace the rubber gasket.

Thanks for the feedback!

How would i go about pulling the sight glass out and replacing the seal? Also if air is in the system could it affect the leaking on how bad it gets?

Thanks

|

7/16/2018 6:41 AM

Something does not sound right that glass seals almost never leak.

stock caps or aftermarket? How are the cap seals that flex with oil level. What are the oil levels? What kind of brake oil are you using?

|