Rear brake clicking noise

Anyone know might what might be causing this on a 2014 KTM 450 xcf? Was wondering if the brake caliper and/or bracket Mount wear is the culprit? Brakes seem to lock up too easy without much progressive feel. I do have an aluminum SRT brake disc protector/caliper holder bracket installed instead of the stock one. Chain appears to be adjusted correctly and straight but just by going off of "no shiny sprocket teeth side wear" eyeballin it.
|
9/18/2018 1:26pm
Safford191 wrote:
Anyone know might what might be causing this on a 2014 KTM 450 xcf? Was wondering if the brake caliper and/or bracket Mount wear is the...
Anyone know might what might be causing this on a 2014 KTM 450 xcf? Was wondering if the brake caliper and/or bracket Mount wear is the culprit? Brakes seem to lock up too easy without much progressive feel. I do have an aluminum SRT brake disc protector/caliper holder bracket installed instead of the stock one. Chain appears to be adjusted correctly and straight but just by going off of "no shiny sprocket teeth side wear" eyeballin it.
... Bueller lol
9/21/2018 2:25pm
Safford191 wrote:
Anyone know might what might be causing this on a 2014 KTM 450 xcf? Was wondering if the brake caliper and/or bracket Mount wear is the...
Safford191 wrote:
... Bueller lol
... anybody? C'Mon it's bugging me lol
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/21/2018 3:23pm
Is the clicking coming from the caliper?

1st thing is you should get some caliper axle grease and apply some to the brake pins. Your click may be the pads dragging on the pins and then breaking away. This would explain the lightswitch feeling of your brakes, too.

If that isn't the cause, it may be time to service your caliper.
murph783
9/21/2018 3:24pm
I’d measure the chain adjustment so you know it’s right side to side, then check the little metal plate that holds the pads in place in the caliper. Greasing your slide pins wouldn’t hurt either

Post a reply to: Rear brake clicking noise

The Latest