Re-bolting an engine

Rickyisms
Tired of looking at my ugly, rusted KTM hardware on my engine. I'm doing a top end Tuesday and have a brand new bolt kit for the whole entire engine. If I pull every exterior bolt (IE inner and outer clutch cover, and inner left side engine cover) Do I run a risk of possible messing up the sealing in the engine as far as the main center gasket goes? Any other anomalies I would have to worry about?
|
11/27/2020 11:16pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Tired of looking at my ugly, rusted KTM hardware on my engine. I'm doing a top end Tuesday and have a brand new bolt kit for...
Tired of looking at my ugly, rusted KTM hardware on my engine. I'm doing a top end Tuesday and have a brand new bolt kit for the whole entire engine. If I pull every exterior bolt (IE inner and outer clutch cover, and inner left side engine cover) Do I run a risk of possible messing up the sealing in the engine as far as the main center gasket goes? Any other anomalies I would have to worry about?
I’d think you would be fine if you did them one by one and re torque them. Btw I blow mine out with a compressor after I wash to try to avoid that. Damn Austrian bikes lol
11/28/2020 1:52am
As above, replace and torque each bolt one by one and you will have no issues.
Rickyisms
11/28/2020 10:20am
Rickyisms wrote:
Tired of looking at my ugly, rusted KTM hardware on my engine. I'm doing a top end Tuesday and have a brand new bolt kit for...
I’d think you would be fine if you did them one by one and re torque them. Btw I blow mine out with a compressor after...
I’d think you would be fine if you did them one by one and re torque them. Btw I blow mine out with a compressor after I wash to try to avoid that. Damn Austrian bikes lol
The pack made by Bolt hardware is a nice upgrade from the stock hardware.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
11/28/2020 11:34am
+1. I've done mine like this and no issues.

The Shop

UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1679th
11/28/2020 5:02pm
+1. I've done mine like this and no issues.
Same here, was able to get all the bolts except a few case half bolts with the engine in the frame on my 350
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
11/28/2020 6:23pm
The change in torque pattern is going to totally mess up the flex of your cases and the handling of your bike - Vital experts (insert rolling eyes emoji, LOL)
FWYT
11/29/2020 9:51pm
Rickyisms wrote:
They make a nickel plated series with dished and flanged heads that looks really nice.
Rickyisms
11/30/2020 6:47am
Rickyisms wrote:
FWYT wrote:
They make a nickel plated series with dished and flanged heads that looks really nice.
That's exactly what I got. Got about 3/4 of all the bolts on yesterday. Big improvement over the stock KTM ones.
FWYT
11/30/2020 9:27am
Rickyisms wrote:
FWYT wrote:
Rickyisms wrote:
That's exactly what I got. Got about 3/4 of all the bolts on yesterday. Big improvement over the stock KTM ones.
Sweet! That's what I did on my '95 YZ250 build.
omalley
11/30/2020 4:03pm
FGR01 wrote:
The change in torque pattern is going to totally mess up the flex of your cases and the handling of your bike - Vital experts (insert...
The change in torque pattern is going to totally mess up the flex of your cases and the handling of your bike - Vital experts (insert rolling eyes emoji, LOL)
At least three seconds a lap. Laughing

Post a reply to: Re-bolting an engine

The Latest