Radiator Hoses

sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
Edited Date/Time 9/11/2018 7:47am
Any one kind better than the other ? 2006 YZ250 Are there any brands to avoid ? Thanks !
|
kb228
9/4/2018 8:34am
Id stay away from the cheap ones on ebay. The ones i got didnt even fit the bike.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/4/2018 10:13am
kb228 wrote:
Id stay away from the cheap ones on ebay. The ones i got didnt even fit the bike.
queenofthespodes had the same problem. Said they weren't even close to fitting.

Bill- CV4, Nihilo, Moto Hose and Factory Effex(if they still have them) were always good brands.

sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
9/4/2018 12:58pm
Thanks, went with CV-4's.

The Shop

Alec138
9/5/2018 11:54am
kb228 wrote:
Actually not always true. The ebay ones that come from GPI radiators are very good quality. I hate to sound like an “ebay asskisser” but I used a set of CV4 hoses on my old 250f and within 1 season they melted where the hose goes onto the waterpump and caused my bike to overheat mid ride. I used the GPI ones and had no issues at all. Same thickness material and all...
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
9/5/2018 12:17pm
kb228 wrote:
Alec138 wrote:
Actually not always true. The ebay ones that come from GPI radiators are very good quality. I hate to sound like an “ebay asskisser” but I...
Actually not always true. The ebay ones that come from GPI radiators are very good quality. I hate to sound like an “ebay asskisser” but I used a set of CV4 hoses on my old 250f and within 1 season they melted where the hose goes onto the waterpump and caused my bike to overheat mid ride. I used the GPI ones and had no issues at all. Same thickness material and all...
Awesome..... Laughing
9/5/2018 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2018 1:13pm
kb228 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
queenofthespodes had the same problem. Said they weren't even close to fitting. Bill- CV4, Nihilo, Moto Hose and Factory Effex(if they still have them) were always...
queenofthespodes had the same problem. Said they weren't even close to fitting.

Bill- CV4, Nihilo, Moto Hose and Factory Effex(if they still have them) were always good brands.

Can confirm. The GPI hoses I bought for my 07 KX250R were way off.. like both length and inside diameter of two of the hoses weren't even close.
lumpy790
9/11/2018 7:47am
kb228 wrote:
Alec138 wrote:
Actually not always true. The ebay ones that come from GPI radiators are very good quality. I hate to sound like an “ebay asskisser” but I...
Curious ... what pipe was on your 250F and why was it so close to your CV4 silicone hose to melt it?

USA Silicone Hose manufactures CV4, Samco, Pro Circuit and Moto Hose all use extremely high quality materials to make extremely high quality hoses.

Even a high quality silicone hose that is 1/4 inch from a red hot pipe can burn the outside of the hose after many hours of use. If a high quality silicone hose is touching the red hot pipe it can last about 30-45 minutes. The Stock rubber hoses burn though immediately.

I have seen several different brands of Aftermarket pipes that engineer the pipes bulge chamber to a location moving the glowing red hot header closer to the hose and have caused hose damage. Had to completely change a SX teams hose design to get around their specialty designed SX header.

I went to this riders house to see his race set up and had to modify our OEM shape silicone hose to pull it away from the exhaust.

Replacement hose after modification.

Post a reply to: Radiator Hoses

The Latest