Radiator Compatibility - '07 KTM 250 XC

Kanewel433
Hey Vital,

I have an '07 KTM 250 XC that I beat up last weekend and I think I need a new radiator. The radiator isn't bent or crushed, but the cap was actually ripped off in the crash and it bent/broke the lip that it sits on. I hope that's descriptive enough. Anyway, I don't think it can be fixed by welding since it's aluminum.

My question is, what other (presumably) KTM bikes have the same radiators that I may be able to find on Craigslist/forums since the XC isn't very popular? Does the 2007 250 SX share the same kind? Would a 4T radiator be any different than a 2T?

Here's the OEM parts list from Babbitts KTM.

Thanks guys,
|
lumpy790
10/4/2017 7:20am
I have found KTM 2 stroke and 4 stroke use different radiators. Be careful I have had KTM Radiator part numbers be the same but they were different.
Kanewel433
10/4/2017 7:59am
lumpy790 wrote:
I have found KTM 2 stroke and 4 stroke use different radiators. Be careful I have had KTM Radiator part numbers be the same but they...
I have found KTM 2 stroke and 4 stroke use different radiators. Be careful I have had KTM Radiator part numbers be the same but they were different.
Thanks for the reply, Lumpy. I went onto Babbitt's page and checked out the options for each of the 2007 models. As you pointed out, it looks like KTM used a few different models of radiators on their bikes.

I called up Brett (Brent?) at ICW radiator repair in North Carolina and he said KTM used ~3 different variations, and that it would make more sense for me to just repair the one I have. He advised that the fill neck can be removed, then replaced with a new one with a simple weld job. I think I'm going to go that route and also have the cage bracing welded on to prevent any future issues with them being crushed/bent. Like you, I live in South Carolina, so most of my riding is tight woods and GNCC's.

Thanks again

Post a reply to: Radiator Compatibility - '07 KTM 250 XC

The Latest