Rad Braces For KTM 250 SX

Hey everyone, have an 2018 KTM 250 SX and looking to get some extra rad protection. I just had a little get off and twisted the rad pretty good, and did a number on my leg as well. I only ride MX. What is everyone using.
|
lukemoto
6/19/2019 4:42pm
Weld in gussets and a crossbrace is what I plan on doing to my 250 sx radiators. You could go with the billet anodized rad braces but they're just not for me.
6/19/2019 6:09pm
lukemoto wrote:
Weld in gussets and a crossbrace is what I plan on doing to my 250 sx radiators. You could go with the billet anodized rad braces...
Weld in gussets and a crossbrace is what I plan on doing to my 250 sx radiators. You could go with the billet anodized rad braces but they're just not for me.
I have always used the works connection rad braces but they dont make them for this bike.

I saw a video from Slavens Racing on the Bullet Proof guards. They look like they are strong and offer great protection.

I wish there were more options. I don't want anything that uses rubber straps.
YZed250
6/20/2019 10:05am
Enduro engineering has a cage-style brace that will reduce a side-impact and prevent folding back. KTM hard parts catalogue has a number of similar cage-style braces. Use these with a twin-air fabric wrap.

There are a number of companies that make the braces that cover the entire front of the rad … that is not ideal for cooling, but if you are from Can and ride MX, you should be fine. They are best to prevent front-on puncture (think stick/handlebar), but are definitely not my first choice.

I am always surprised by Enduro Engineering quality (in a good way) and price, considering their stuff is made in USA.

Post a reply to: Rad Braces For KTM 250 SX

The Latest