Race tech suspension

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2018 10:22 PM

Whos ran it? Good? Bad? Things you liked/didn't like? Ive ran factory connection since day 1 on my 85 and I've always liked it and the guys at the NH facility are great. I think i just want to give something else a shot, i hear very good things about the gold valves and the prices seem reasonable. Anyone have experience with both companies? I do a good mix of moto and trails but grew up racing hare scrambles and gncc's eventually working my way up to the expert class. For some reason I don't see a lot of bikes with race tech setups here in New England, especially off road. Thanks for any insight.

|

12/7/2018 9:55 AM

My local suspension guy used Race Tech components often. I actually had a long talk with him the other night since he sold company and I'm trying to decide what to do for suspension now with my boy's bikes. He said on some bikes the Gold Valves are worth it on others there isn't much difference from stock. I am going to try and do ours myself using them mainly as you get settings help from RT. I am a control freak so like knowing exactly what's been done plus I think it will help me understand settings better. As far as having Race Tech do it directly from what I have seen there is mostly good feedback.................

|

12/8/2018 1:02 AM

Having had several setups done by race tech over the years on multiple bikes I will say I've always been happy with their settings...... and maybe more importantly impressed with the customer service! As a company they genuinely care about making the customer satisfied and answering questions in my experience. I also like the philosophy of working with local tuners who you can build a relationships with. For reference, I've ridden suspension set up by almost every major suspension tuner, and I'm now almost strictly an offroad guy. Go for it!

|

12/8/2018 10:06 PM

Thanks for the insight. When riding season over here in the northeast starts to ramp up again I'm gonna ship it out to them.

|

12/9/2018 7:57 AM

Could give these guys a try, cut down on shipping.

https://motoworxmx.com

They are a RaceTech dealer, as well as do off-road/J-Day setups so they know the area terrain. I’ve never used them, but found them when I was looking into the RaceTech stuff.

|

12/9/2018 9:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2018 9:57 AM

I Have used RaceTech on my last two bikes 2016 KX250f and 2017 RMZ450 both front and rear. and I’ve been very happy with the results. Both forks were SFF design and the Suzuki being Air the revalve really changed the bike for the better. The quality of all their stuff is always great. Their tools are high quality and it all goes to show that they are very serious about their product. FOR ME thier settings they gave when I purchased the GV were spot on. I elected to install it all myself as I really enjoy suspension work and learning and thier videos/tutorials on line were great and useful. Lastly their customer service is AMAZING! Whenever I email tech support for anything even if it is a dumb curious question on my part they respond very quickly with lots of detail and they REALLY CARE about getting your suspension setup the best they can. If you search on here for Chris Riesenbergr and read some of his responses in threads you would understand what I mean about professional customer service! I have zero affiliation with them outside the fact that they have won a customer over for life. I’ve recommended thier stuff to a few buddies and they have been just as happy. I think you’ll be very happy with your choice to use them.

|

12/9/2018 10:35 AM

I have received excellent customer service/tech support as well.

They use to offer a discount to vital and TT members also.

|

12/9/2018 6:10 PM

Have used them for a while now and love them. I just did my 18 RMZ-450 and it seems the valving charts have changed. Rather than having all the stacks and picking the right ones, this time they just gave me the one specific stack?

|

12/10/2018 9:59 PM

Rotaholic wrote:

Have used them for a while now and love them. I just did my 18 RMZ-450 and it seems the valving charts have changed. Rather than having all the stacks and picking the right ones, this time they just gave me the one specific stack?

Yeah same here, must be a new policy or something. I did like getting a chart for all the stacks so I could make educated changes by looking at those charts instead of a phone call or email to get the stacks like you do now. How’s that 18 RMZ setup fork/shock? I know they worked a lot with HEP Suzuki and seem to have good settings but never met a normal guy that has run them on the new RMZ

|

12/10/2018 10:16 PM

Rotaholic wrote:

colvin227 wrote:

Yeah same here, must be a new policy or something. I did like getting a chart for all the stacks so I could make educated changes by looking at those charts instead of a phone call or email to get the stacks like you do now. How’s that 18 RMZ setup fork/shock? I know they worked a lot with HEP Suzuki and seem to have good settings but never met a normal guy that has run them on the new RMZ

Yeah the forks are pretty close to what I like, would have like to have the other stacks but I'm sure racetech will help if I asked. RT suggested 10 comp 14 rebound, I'm at 12 rebound and 9 comp so pretty close. I built my own hybrid shock with showa a kit internals in a WP body. Completely changes the 2018 rmz into a weapon, really not a fan of the bfrc.

|

12/10/2018 10:20 PM

Photo

Photo
|