RMZ250 Popping/Stall

m1ke20012
I just got my RMZ250 back together, I had put in two new intake valves and reshimmed all the valves. I finally got it running and although it starts it pops a lot on acceleration and will die after running for like 10 or so seconds unless I keep up on the gas a bit. If I let off, it will die. Any ideas?
|
kb228
12/18/2018 2:54pm
What year? And did it run fine before the engine work?
m1ke20012
12/18/2018 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 12/18/2018 3:03pm
kb228 wrote:
What year? And did it run fine before the engine work?
it'd be a 2012, and its hard to gauge, I bought it needing two new valves but when I rode it before doing the work it also wouldn't idle but I cant recall it popping before.
kb228
12/18/2018 4:37pm
Based off what youve posted so far, id try turning the idle up more first. Then look into your injector and fuel pump. Make sure theyre flowing nicely. Might even look into the tps voltage.

I also want to ask... when you replaced the valves.. you didnt throw new valves into that used head right? You sent the head off go get new seats installed and you replaced all 4 valves? If not id be looking into doing it. New valves and old seats dont seal. If theyre leaking youll have all kinds of issues that none of the above suggestions will fix.
m1ke20012
12/18/2018 4:50pm
kb228 wrote:
Based off what youve posted so far, id try turning the idle up more first. Then look into your injector and fuel pump. Make sure theyre...
Based off what youve posted so far, id try turning the idle up more first. Then look into your injector and fuel pump. Make sure theyre flowing nicely. Might even look into the tps voltage.

I also want to ask... when you replaced the valves.. you didnt throw new valves into that used head right? You sent the head off go get new seats installed and you replaced all 4 valves? If not id be looking into doing it. New valves and old seats dont seal. If theyre leaking youll have all kinds of issues that none of the above suggestions will fix.
Good suggestion, and yes I did simply to get rid of it, I was told "it only needs to be shimmed" and at this point I dont want it, I just want to get rid of it. I also took a shower and went deep into thought and remembered it would pop before, I am gonna ride it here soon and see if I can gather anything else. Worst case ill lap the valves as I got SS ones, just as a dollar store valve job.

The Shop

Paw Paw 271
12/18/2018 6:48pm
If you did not cut the seats the valves will leak. Lapping the valves will not cure this.
How old is the fuel?
Have you cleaned the fuel injector or looked at the fuel pump filter?
Did you put in a new cam chain?

The popping can be leaking valves and or a lean fuel mix due to dirt or a leaking exhaust gasket. Did you put in a new exhaust gasket? If not, it will need to be replaced.

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: RMZ250 Popping/Stall

The Latest