RMATV / Rocky Mt Atv tire price always increasing

MxRyder
Edited Date/Time 11/30/2016 7:30am
These guys have become a major title sponsor for Loretta lynn for a few years now, and they continue to move their prices up....thankfully i get a break on my tires from other sources ,however it bothers the hell out of me when i see them constantly pushing their prices higher and higher...dunlop mx32\mx3s....and Mx52 are over the well over $90 dollars when 2yrs ago you could get them for $86.....way to go....way to support your customers ....make sure everybody hits up BTO their prices and triple rear tire deals...arent to bad if your shopping retail.....shop around and harder on line......dont support greedy retaliers who arent giving the riders alittle help......RMatv can suck it.....
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/26/2016 5:57am
Have you ever worked at a shop to see how often tire prices change? The price goes up constantly, it's pretty ridiculous. Local shops near me have Dunlop's at over $105 for a rear. Some are even up as high as $120 a rear. The price of tires from the distributors goes up every few weeks. Expect BTO's prices to go up at some point as well.
MxRyder
11/26/2016 7:36am
I am fortunate enough to get great support.....i give away most of my tires at 75%life left....to fellow riders who need them.....i just get upset at the greed of these huge companies...they can do better for the riders....especially during the holidays
MxRyder
11/26/2016 7:39am
Dealers should be ashamed of themsleves for charging $100+for a tire.....greedy. Bastards
HardTaco
11/26/2016 7:46am
Rm atv/Mc lost my business last year when they quit doing the 10% off codes in your shipping emails . Motosport is my go to joint now.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/26/2016 7:46am
MxRyder wrote:
Dealers should be ashamed of themsleves for charging $100+for a tire.....greedy. Bastards
sadly, at over $100 a pop, the shops are only making $5-$10 a tire. The small local shops suffer because of distributors like Parts, WPS, Tucker Rocky and others. You figure if you go to a shop to buy a tire, you buy it from the shop, the shop buys it from the distributor and the distributor buys it from the mfg. The tire changes hands 3-4 times before we get them. And people wonder why our sport is so expensive now. That was the good thing about what asterisk did, although they did it way too late. They ditched the distributor so we could go directly to them and get stuff for a better price. I wish more would do the same. It would help us out a lot!
mx317
11/26/2016 7:47am
BTO was $98.99 on same tire RM was $92 on. Dunlop MX3S 120/80-19
MxRyder
11/26/2016 7:55am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2016 8:05am
Last night bto was 87.....and the shops make more the 15....110/90/19....wasnt a black friday thing either.....the fact is tire prices keep going up and i think thats just not cool for guys who have to rely on online retail outlets.....RMatv was pretty fair up until the dunlop Hookit support program pricing was to close to their retail......before i got actual support i tired to buy a 10 pack of tires...and with shipping from dunlop/Hookit and RMatv was cheaper cause of the free shipping.......now both levels of greedy at both ends push forward.....
11/26/2016 8:03am
HardTaco wrote:
Rm atv/Mc lost my business last year when they quit doing the 10% off codes in your shipping emails . Motosport is my go to joint...
Rm atv/Mc lost my business last year when they quit doing the 10% off codes in your shipping emails . Motosport is my go to joint now.
X2 motosport is the way to go. Their three day shipping hasn't failed me yet.
MxRyder
11/26/2016 8:09am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2016 8:11am
Bto...3 tire rear pck....110/90/19 is 84each...free shipping....well it was last night anyways.....
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/26/2016 8:10am
MxRyder wrote:
Last night bto was 87.....and the shops make more the 15....110/90/19....wasnt a black friday thing either.....the fact is tire prices keep going up and i think...
Last night bto was 87.....and the shops make more the 15....110/90/19....wasnt a black friday thing either.....the fact is tire prices keep going up and i think thats just not cool for guys who have to rely on online retail outlets.....RMatv was pretty fair up until the dunlop Hookit support program pricing was to close to their retail......before i got actual support i tired to buy a 10 pack of tires...and with shipping from dunlop/Hookit and RMatv was cheaper cause of the free shipping.......now both levels of greedy at both ends push forward.....
Most honest local shops are not making more than $10-$15 a tire, trust me. I worked at a shop for four years. I know what a local shop in California tire cost is. You have to remember though, that places like RM, BTO and Motosport are buying way more tires than the local shop is, so their pricing is better.
MxRyder
11/26/2016 8:30am
These bigger outlets need to do a better job
, keeping their tires in the low to mid $80 range ...no reason for the price keeps crawling up.1-2$.....its pure greed....instead of keeping it fair for their customers they just want to extort the riders ......$90+ for a tire is just wrong....if they could do it for...84-87 6months ago with their volume.....its just greed......
allna6
11/26/2016 11:34am
I buy about 10 tires a year. A $4 increase per tire nets them a whooping $40 a year. Who cares.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
11/26/2016 11:35am
You way want to widen your view quite a bit when it comes to why the price of everything is spiraling out of control...
Bruce372
11/26/2016 1:18pm
I just bought the x30 set for a 450, 90 front, 120 rear for $138 from rocky Mountain and got a $40 coupon in the mail.

I've never bought a set of modern mx tires for less than 100 retail in 15 years of riding
MxRyder
11/26/2016 5:04pm
I buy 10rears 4fronts every 3months....a friend of mine brought it to my attention about the prices going up...it doesnt effect me at all.....however the fact that instead of these companies giving back to the customer base they increase prices.....i get 20&40 giftcards from RMatv all year long....from the AmA races...and you get them with your umbrellas at lorettas.......i just want to see these companies do better for riders period.....i still bought tires in the same amounts when i paid 85ea....its not the money, its the principle of keeping the pricing low....alot of everybody who rides and purchases from these companies is why they are so successful.....they need to do a better job......if your a small shop then whatever.....RMatv is a monster, massive warehouse full tires.....they can do it if they choose to......
RockyRider
Fantasy
3380th
11/26/2016 7:16pm
FYI most shops don't make shit on tires, it's all controlled by the tire companies themselves. I got a MX3 front the other day at cost and it was still $70. It is what it is
BobPA
11/26/2016 7:58pm
You do understand that the manufacturer is most likely raising their price...or whomever they purchase their tires from. You would be quite surprised on how little shops make on a tire
Dtat720
11/27/2016 5:33am
Greed lol.... tires are a petroleum based product and pricing reflects changes in oil pricing which in turn reflects on manufscturers production cost increases, which impacts distributors increases.... Retailers usually absorb as much as they can before changing a price. If they increased it $2, the price more than likely was raised 3-4 for them by the time they decided to raise it.
stonerb
11/27/2016 9:25am Edited Date/Time 11/27/2016 5:44pm
HardTaco wrote:
Rm atv/Mc lost my business last year when they quit doing the 10% off codes in your shipping emails . Motosport is my go to joint...
So they lost you as a customer because now you can't order a set of grips, then use the code to get 10% off of your real order? I used to enjoy that scam as well, but that doesn't change my opinion that Rocky Mountain is the best. shoot me your 10% off code from your next motosport order if you don't use it.
ricko
11/27/2016 11:39am
If looking for Dunlops check out mxtire.com usually has promos after your first order.
HardTaco
11/27/2016 7:48pm
HardTaco wrote:
stonerb wrote:
So they lost you as a customer because now you can't order a set of grips, then use the code to get 10% off of your...
So they lost you as a customer because now you can't order a set of grips, then use the code to get 10% off of your real order? I used to enjoy that scam as well, but that doesn't change my opinion that Rocky Mountain is the best. shoot me your 10% off code from your next motosport order if you don't use it.
Scam? Really? It was a perk of buying ALL of my parts (oem and aftermarket) from RM. Their shipping is less than ideal over half the time.... Many times I had an order with RM that didn't ship when it was supposed to and I didn't get it for a race or ride. I was willing to look past their lackluster shipping because I could save a few bucks using their customer reward system. Motosport is cheaper on most items and its here within a day or two at best. That's the beauty of being a customer.... I can spend my money where I want! Last year I spent over $2500 at RM. This year it's been less than $500. If that's the way they wanna do business, that's on them. I'll just spend my hard earned cash where I get the best deal.

Josh
JH911
11/27/2016 10:09pm
Greed?? You do understand the point of a business is to make money? Tire prices are what they are. They fluctuate almost monthly? $10-15 per tire profit is too much? Do you know how much it costs to run a dealership?? Do you know how much $$$ is involved in simply stocking parts? Do you know how much profit is in a major unit i.e. new 450 or 250?? Peoples delusion of dealerships raping them and making money hand over fist have no idea how little dealers actually make especially if a dealer is trying to be competitive with the internet. You think dealers and companies should be doing more for riders? What are you doing for them?? What makes everyone so deserving? Winning a beginner class championship? Dunlop gives tons of tires away every year as well as discounts to deserving riders. Dealerships and distributors pour millions into our sport every year giving back and supporting local race series, tracks, racing organizations, the AMA, the Blue Ribbon Coalition, NMA. Our sport is expensive, those who have a passion for it, bust their ass, put in the work, build professional relationships are those who get the support. Those who feel entitled to discounts just because they want one......sorry. Just as with anything in life......get off your butt and earn it.
MxRyder
11/28/2016 6:14am
JH911 wrote:
Greed?? You do understand the point of a business is to make money? Tire prices are what they are. They fluctuate almost monthly? $10-15 per tire...
Greed?? You do understand the point of a business is to make money? Tire prices are what they are. They fluctuate almost monthly? $10-15 per tire profit is too much? Do you know how much it costs to run a dealership?? Do you know how much $$$ is involved in simply stocking parts? Do you know how much profit is in a major unit i.e. new 450 or 250?? Peoples delusion of dealerships raping them and making money hand over fist have no idea how little dealers actually make especially if a dealer is trying to be competitive with the internet. You think dealers and companies should be doing more for riders? What are you doing for them?? What makes everyone so deserving? Winning a beginner class championship? Dunlop gives tons of tires away every year as well as discounts to deserving riders. Dealerships and distributors pour millions into our sport every year giving back and supporting local race series, tracks, racing organizations, the AMA, the Blue Ribbon Coalition, NMA. Our sport is expensive, those who have a passion for it, bust their ass, put in the work, build professional relationships are those who get the support. Those who feel entitled to discounts just because they want one......sorry. Just as with anything in life......get off your butt and earn it.
Many of the guys who work at shops get a invoice listed with a wholesale pricing log on products...it shows the wholesale price...not the bought order cost price...so all the sales guys and parts counter guys dont go running around spitting out the actual prices of the parts......same with the bikes......the profit margin on tires is based on bulk or( Lot pricing)...if a dealer sells a tire for 90...their $25 of profit on it.....and so on.....dunlops at cost are in the $60range give or take 3-6$ based on volume........the only person who sees the actual prices are the buyers agents or mangers who have the negotiation power to buy.....everybody sees the wholesale order invoice....keep thinking tires have a profit margin of 10-15$.....and i earn everything thru results...i get 40-55% off nearly everything i buy......i spent 24k on gear &parts 2013.....22k 2014......and 18k in 2015........keep every receipt,and all bought and paid for myself thru my business.....each bike has 2 sets of suspension...and 1 spare complete motor and have 3sets of rims per bike.....(1) 2015 2stroke yz295...(2) 14&15 yz450.....i am a huge contributor to this sport.....and ive earned my support....However their are things about this sport that are always increasing their prices about...it doesnt effect me 1 bit, but it effects the other people....and i hear it and read about it........many people will drive and extra 3miles to say .10cent on a gallon of gas...or shop at another store to save a buck.....so when i see the monster machine of the likes of RMatv pushing their prices up every chance they get thats just greed.....if you dont see it....your just a ignorant idiot.......or your mommy and daddy still buy your stuff,...i build houses&remodel and do large commercial builds....and i go to great length to save money for the General Contractors i work with and the customers i provide service to....to show a customer where they are saving is a factor of integrity,...being a greedy fuck is just wrong....making money is one thing, stiffing your customer base is another....
mx317
11/28/2016 6:45am
Please quit feeding this troll
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
11/28/2016 7:20am
MxRyder wrote:
I am fortunate enough to get great support.....i give away most of my tires at 75%life left....to fellow riders who need them.....i just get upset at...
I am fortunate enough to get great support.....i give away most of my tires at 75%life left....to fellow riders who need them.....i just get upset at the greed of these huge companies...they can do better for the riders....especially during the holidays
Who absorbs the costs of your tire support deal?
JH911
11/28/2016 8:47am
JH911 wrote:
Greed?? You do understand the point of a business is to make money? Tire prices are what they are. They fluctuate almost monthly? $10-15 per tire...
MxRyder wrote:
Many of the guys who work at shops get a invoice listed with a wholesale pricing log on products...it shows the wholesale price...not the bought order...
Many of the guys who work at shops get a invoice listed with a wholesale pricing log on products...it shows the wholesale price...not the bought order cost price...so all the sales guys and parts counter guys dont go running around spitting out the actual prices of the parts......same with the bikes......the profit margin on tires is based on bulk or( Lot pricing)...if a dealer sells a tire for 90...their $25 of profit on it.....and so on.....dunlops at cost are in the $60range give or take 3-6$ based on volume........the only person who sees the actual prices are the buyers agents or mangers who have the negotiation power to buy.....everybody sees the wholesale order invoice....keep thinking tires have a profit margin of 10-15$.....and i earn everything thru results...i get 40-55% off nearly everything i buy......i spent 24k on gear &parts 2013.....22k 2014......and 18k in 2015........keep every receipt,and all bought and paid for myself thru my business.....each bike has 2 sets of suspension...and 1 spare complete motor and have 3sets of rims per bike.....(1) 2015 2stroke yz295...(2) 14&15 yz450.....i am a huge contributor to this sport.....and ive earned my support....However their are things about this sport that are always increasing their prices about...it doesnt effect me 1 bit, but it effects the other people....and i hear it and read about it........many people will drive and extra 3miles to say .10cent on a gallon of gas...or shop at another store to save a buck.....so when i see the monster machine of the likes of RMatv pushing their prices up every chance they get thats just greed.....if you dont see it....your just a ignorant idiot.......or your mommy and daddy still buy your stuff,...i build houses&remodel and do large commercial builds....and i go to great length to save money for the General Contractors i work with and the customers i provide service to....to show a customer where they are saving is a factor of integrity,...being a greedy fuck is just wrong....making money is one thing, stiffing your customer base is another....
Lol......mommy and daddy!?! Ignorant!?! You need to stop while your ahead. I'm 33 and a parts manager. I've had a job since I was 14! My parents could barely afford to buy me a bike. I paid for all my parts racing etc. I earned what I got. I was close to my Pro card until I broke my back. My boss is a former National # Pro who still works a second full time job to help keep the doors open and he doesn't even draw a salary. His wife oversees operations and takes a salary equivalent to our service writer. Our GM is multi time Baja champion as well as Hare and Hound. I make $17/hr haven't had a raise in several years. My employers do everything they can for me. I love them and my sport. We sponsor a track, several race series, and riders. Not to mention numerous local events and charities. I know what cost on parts, tires, and bikes actually are. I manage our rider support. We know what it takes to race and ride. I work with Parts Unlimited, Tucker Rocky, WPS, to get my customers the best prices possible and stay competitive. Tires are a loss leader meaning price them as competitively as possible making little to no margin hoping we get the mounting/shop business or a customer buys something else to make up for it. Do you know what Michelins cost now? Unless there is a good program $10 is what I make when I'm selling them for $99 to compete. $60 Dunlop MX3S 120/90-19 or 110/90-19. Those don't exist. Not even buying 100 at a time gets them anywhere near that. Bikes are another one. There is less than 6% profit in virtually any bike. Gone are the hay days of the 80s and 90s where a dealer could make 10-15%. Your a business owner I'd like to see you slash your margins to 10% and keep it a float, pay your overhead, your employees, and still afford your 3 bikes, 6 sets of suspension, etc. after all apparently anymore than that is pure greed right? I never said you haven't earned anything. I asked what makes the general public consumer so deserving of paying cost for everything? How do you expect dealers to stay open with every kid or rider asking for a huge discount? I don't care for RM, but I knew the owner of Motosport when he was a whole in the wall in Yakima. It's not greed. They have massive overhead, employees, employee health care to pay for. Plus they're giving thousands of dollars in gift cards away every year across the US to race series and riders. The problem is with our societys sense of entitlement and retail market that believes prices can always go lower. People don't value quality anymore. Price is all that matters. There's a huge quality and strength difference between RM Tusk wheels and Dubys Kite/Excel. RM is probably at least tripling their money on those while Dubya is probably pulling a 35-40% margin. The mentality of we're selling it so they must be making plenty of money so I want a discount is wrong. Dealers across the country are closing every year due this. There are greedy dealerships and companies out there I know, but do not assume this to be the case everywhere. I see more entitlement and greed on the consumer side personally. Your on the outside looking in. Don't assume. It only makes an ASS out of U and ME.
RockyRider
Fantasy
3380th
11/28/2016 9:47am
JH911 wrote:
This ^^ End of story. Go ride
stonerb
11/28/2016 3:21pm
HardTaco wrote:
Scam? Really? It was a perk of buying ALL of my parts (oem and aftermarket) from RM. Their shipping is less than ideal over half the...
Scam? Really? It was a perk of buying ALL of my parts (oem and aftermarket) from RM. Their shipping is less than ideal over half the time.... Many times I had an order with RM that didn't ship when it was supposed to and I didn't get it for a race or ride. I was willing to look past their lackluster shipping because I could save a few bucks using their customer reward system. Motosport is cheaper on most items and its here within a day or two at best. That's the beauty of being a customer.... I can spend my money where I want! Last year I spent over $2500 at RM. This year it's been less than $500. If that's the way they wanna do business, that's on them. I'll just spend my hard earned cash where I get the best deal.

Josh
Technically it is a scam, yes. But as I said, it is one that I loved to take advantage of as well, and I saw it as fair game. It is funny how people have different experiences with retailers, as I have the opposite view of buying from RMATV. Usually cheapest on OEM parts, shit always ships, and is at my door in 2 days with no sales tax. As long as you found a supplier you feel can depend on, that's all that matters. Ride on dude!!
allna6
11/28/2016 5:12pm
JH911 wrote:
Lol......mommy and daddy!?! Ignorant!?! You need to stop while your ahead. I'm 33 and a parts manager. I've had a job since I was 14! My...
Lol......mommy and daddy!?! Ignorant!?! You need to stop while your ahead. I'm 33 and a parts manager. I've had a job since I was 14! My parents could barely afford to buy me a bike. I paid for all my parts racing etc. I earned what I got. I was close to my Pro card until I broke my back. My boss is a former National # Pro who still works a second full time job to help keep the doors open and he doesn't even draw a salary. His wife oversees operations and takes a salary equivalent to our service writer. Our GM is multi time Baja champion as well as Hare and Hound. I make $17/hr haven't had a raise in several years. My employers do everything they can for me. I love them and my sport. We sponsor a track, several race series, and riders. Not to mention numerous local events and charities. I know what cost on parts, tires, and bikes actually are. I manage our rider support. We know what it takes to race and ride. I work with Parts Unlimited, Tucker Rocky, WPS, to get my customers the best prices possible and stay competitive. Tires are a loss leader meaning price them as competitively as possible making little to no margin hoping we get the mounting/shop business or a customer buys something else to make up for it. Do you know what Michelins cost now? Unless there is a good program $10 is what I make when I'm selling them for $99 to compete. $60 Dunlop MX3S 120/90-19 or 110/90-19. Those don't exist. Not even buying 100 at a time gets them anywhere near that. Bikes are another one. There is less than 6% profit in virtually any bike. Gone are the hay days of the 80s and 90s where a dealer could make 10-15%. Your a business owner I'd like to see you slash your margins to 10% and keep it a float, pay your overhead, your employees, and still afford your 3 bikes, 6 sets of suspension, etc. after all apparently anymore than that is pure greed right? I never said you haven't earned anything. I asked what makes the general public consumer so deserving of paying cost for everything? How do you expect dealers to stay open with every kid or rider asking for a huge discount? I don't care for RM, but I knew the owner of Motosport when he was a whole in the wall in Yakima. It's not greed. They have massive overhead, employees, employee health care to pay for. Plus they're giving thousands of dollars in gift cards away every year across the US to race series and riders. The problem is with our societys sense of entitlement and retail market that believes prices can always go lower. People don't value quality anymore. Price is all that matters. There's a huge quality and strength difference between RM Tusk wheels and Dubys Kite/Excel. RM is probably at least tripling their money on those while Dubya is probably pulling a 35-40% margin. The mentality of we're selling it so they must be making plenty of money so I want a discount is wrong. Dealers across the country are closing every year due this. There are greedy dealerships and companies out there I know, but do not assume this to be the case everywhere. I see more entitlement and greed on the consumer side personally. Your on the outside looking in. Don't assume. It only makes an ASS out of U and ME.
I could not agree more.

What gives people the idea a company exists for the sole purpose of giving their customers the cheapest price possible?

Why is it so difficult to understand that a reasonable profit margin is necessary for a company's existence?

The mentality that every company should have Wal-Mart (don't get me started on WM) level margins does the consumer more bad than good. Quality and service go out the window not to mention their employees wages.

walent215
11/28/2016 7:05pm
Been doing business with rockymountain for 15+ years . They are by far the best option for parts/ customer service. As someone mentioned, 2 days to get to your door and great pricing. Hard to beat them imo. Partzilla.com has better OEM prices but I usually just buy from rm to support them. I live in a rural desert area with 1 small dealer. I've bought lots of bikes/ parts from them but not my go to as I don't have extra disposable income to keep his doors open while depleting mine. Pretty simple really. Lots of back and forth with these threads but the bottom line is im not giving someone any more of my money than necessary. If I owned a struggling dealership I would spend some advertising dollars to let everyone know I want to compete with online retailers for my local consumers $$$ and make that clear to all my current customers. I wouldn't just expect people to come in and pay full retail to help me keep my doors open and sit back and hope it all works out. Volume is a cure all when it comes to the bottom line. So sell at a lower margin and drive more sales by enticing customers with better pricing. Run that program and you will build a bigger client base over time. I wish I had a local dealer that I could get all my parts from and not even think twice about it but not at the expense of my financial position.

Post a reply to: RMATV / Rocky Mt Atv tire price always increasing

The Latest