RM250 won't start

Hey everyone, had a perfect storm of my stupidity last year. Was our riding and my 06 RM250 shut off for no apparent reason. In attempting to get it back up and running, I broke the kick starter off. This started a stupidly long search to try to find another kicker.

Turns out, the bike quit running because oil separated from the fuel, filled my lectron with 927, and stupid me left the gas on for almost a year while trying to find a kicker. After finding a new kicker, draining the oil out of the carb and switching to K2, bike still won't fire. Has a fresh plug in it.

Any ideas? Possible I filled up the bottom end with oil when trying to get it to refire last year? Reeds were in good shape, inspected about 2 engine hours ago.
|
Paw Paw 271
12/6/2020 12:57pm
Very dirty carb as it is full of dried fuel in every orfice in it by now. Rebuild the carb.

Paw Paw
beamer
12/7/2020 11:32am
Basically needs 3 things to run, fuel , air and spark.

To satisfy my curiosity I would put a small amount of premix in the cylinder and see if it fires.

As mentioned it will very likely end up being plugged up carb.

The Shop

27thmx
12/7/2020 2:59pm
Get rid of that lectron
12/11/2020 7:37am
Took lectron apart and blew out every orifice I could find. Also took the VForce out and I think I found the main issue. When I would stick my finger in the cage and (gently) manually cycle the petals, there was a snot bubble of oil between the petal and the cage would almost seem to seal up the cage. So cleaned all of that oil out as best I could with paper towels under the petals and carb cleaner.

Didn't finish putting it back together until late last night, so didn't try to start out of respect for neighbors. Will try when I get off today.

Post a reply to: RM250 won't start

The Latest