RM250 Stator Grommet

Colt373
Hey guys,

I am looking for a solution for the hole in the stator wiring harness gasket for my '01 RM250. From normal wear/tear/age, the gasket (attached to the stator wiring harness) has a hole in it when it goes into the ignition cover. When I rebuilt the bike, I tried to seal it all up with RTV but that still let water into the ignition cover. I can't seem to get just the gasket -- from what I can tell, I would need to buy a new stator just to get this gasket piece. Just to clarify, I am not talking about the gasket for the ignition cover. I am talking about the rubber grommet that is apart of the stator wiring harness assembly that "clips" into the side of the left engine case. Any help would be appreciated!
|
dirtmike86
10/18/2017 5:14pm
Unfortunately i was unable to find one after weeks of searching only to find ones on complete stators. Iam just going to buy a chunk of rubber and use a dremel to get it to the desired shape. You will have to pull the wires out of the end of the plug to slide it on. But iam curious if anyone else has a better solution.

Post a reply to: RM250 Stator Grommet

The Latest