RM125 idle issues

m1ke2001
My RM125 will start up and warm up just fine on its own but once it gets hot and warmed up the idle speed slows and after riding it, it wont stay idiling. Its not the gas or the way it gets their it seems to be fine and their is no issues while riding it on the track it seems to be nice and reponive, the occasional delay in responce but that's probably just cuz I was running it slow. Could any one tell me what the issue could be and whats wrong? I know to what to check but to save time and hasle does any one know of specific things that might be caused from this scenario, I also haven't checked the idle screw it would be some as simple as that.
|
Codey15
6/25/2017 5:59pm
i also had a similar problem mate, and truely all i did was play around with the settings on the carby. seems to be fine now. might not be the help your needing but thats what was wrong with mine.
m1ke2001
6/25/2017 6:29pm
Codey15 wrote:
i also had a similar problem mate, and truely all i did was play around with the settings on the carby. seems to be fine now...
i also had a similar problem mate, and truely all i did was play around with the settings on the carby. seems to be fine now. might not be the help your needing but thats what was wrong with mine.
When you said you screwed with it what did you do? Change jets? Mess with the screws?
USMCMXer
6/25/2017 6:59pm
Make sure your pilot jet (the little one in the hole, next to the main jet) is fully clean and you can see light through it when you hold it up to light.
m1ke2001
6/26/2017 4:35am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2017 4:36am
USMCMXer wrote:
Make sure your pilot jet (the little one in the hole, next to the main jet) is fully clean and you can see light through it...
Make sure your pilot jet (the little one in the hole, next to the main jet) is fully clean and you can see light through it when you hold it up to light.
Thats another thought I had in mind, I was a bit doubtful though because I can hold it wide and it will start up (of course I let off as it is firing up) I will still clean all the jets and what not as it is a used bike and probably could use it. Another thing I noticed is that a lot of oil comes out the pipe and I am running the right amount so I was wondering if you knew something about that like maybe if one of the jets is to big.

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
6/26/2017 6:52am
Did you raise the idle when the bike is hot? That's why you should set your idle.
m1ke2001
6/26/2017 9:18am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2017 9:40am
Did you raise the idle when the bike is hot? That's why you should set your idle.
No i just looked at my air/fuel mixture screw and it was all the way about to fall out :/ i think i found my issue

Update: that was just the throttle stop screw. Still might have something to do with it but I tried moving it in and out while barely holding down gas and letting off gently to see if it would idle and no luck yet
m1ke2001
6/27/2017 6:32am
Codey15 wrote:
what fuel mixture are you running?
I have since fixed it, I run 32:1 like the book says. My idle stop screw had raddled all the way out so I screwed it back in and tightened the lock nut and it idles now.

Post a reply to: RM125 idle issues

The Latest