RM 125 2004 Carb help ISSUES

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2018 12:39 PM

I built a RM 125 2004 pretty much from scratch except the carb.
It had the original Mikuni 38mm and I rebuilt the inside with the basic stuff but didn't think too much about it.
I went to ride the bike this weekend and it would not idle for the hell of it.
I messed with every screw and it ended up being the throttle cable was loose so I went to put the bike together and it ran like shit. Every time I would hit the powerband and got to press in the clutch for a corner the bike would over rev and lean out. If I stopped and left the fuel on It would leak gad through the overflow hose.
I took it apart and noticed my slide was chipped. I decided to not use it and my friend gave me his Mikuni 38mm from his 2003 yz125.
with this second carb, it ran like shit again and was spitting gas from a breather hole towards the top of the carb never seen that one happen.
I took it off and a guy I met up were I was staying saw my bike and was wondering what was wrong with it and I said I had carb problems.
Well, he said he has a Keihin sitting around in his attic and went to go grab it.
It was from a 250 something Honda I think he said. Well, the bike had good Idle and when It hit the powerband holy hell did it scream. The bike in first and second gear has a sputter before it hits the powerband and the carb is leaking through the float.
This Kehin is old and it doesn't fit really good on the bike I'm afraid It might pop out from the connection to the reeds and I don't even know how to get the right jets and gasket for it because I don't know which bike the damn carb came from.
What you boys think? Should I stay with the Kehin or does anybody know any other solution Like purchasing another carb that will fit this bike and make it run like new?
It only has v force reeds, stock bore, pro circuit pipe. and I live literally on sea level.

|

Damn!

8/20/2018 2:41 PM

|

8/20/2018 2:47 PM

|

Damn!

8/20/2018 2:50 PM

ab wrote:

That’s a 36mm though and it’s tgat right for that price? Seems really cheap
Mine is a 38mm

Well then search up a 38mm of that same thing. Cheap doesn’t mean bad. I’ve gotten tons of bikes going and running properly with Chinese parts

|

8/20/2018 3:47 PM

Can you try to find a new slide for the original carb or have the old one repaired? I'd talk to someone who does re chroming and see what they reckon. My wife had an 04 rm125 for a while. I ran jetting recommended by pro circuit and the thing flew

|

8/20/2018 5:14 PM

chump6784 wrote:

Can you try to find a new slide for the original carb or have the old one repaired? I'd talk to someone who does re chroming ...more

I was going that way but then I found out the slide alone was 150bucks
A few different people told me the mikunis suck so that is my last option right now

|

Damn!

8/20/2018 8:58 PM

Lots of people are selling take off mikuni 38mm carbs from the latest husky and ktm 125s. They should be bolt up to an 04 rm125 perfect. You could try the ktm settings or go back to stock rm125 settings
Try the bazaar

|