"Quick Carb Clean" on a 2005 RMZ450

I had taken my bike to get a new top-end and they told me it wouldn't start after the top-end but a "quick carb clean" fixed it and "we didn't even have to take the carb off".

I'm assuming he just took the bottom off the carb (4 screws) and then sprayed the jet clean with carb cleaner? I asked the guy and he was being vague and wouldn't tell me exactly what he did. Just kept saying "yep a quick clean and it started".

I'm having a hard time starting it again, but generally I take off/apart the entire carb and clean it. It makes sense that he could spray it out from the bottom but I was wanting your guys opinions.

Any ideas of how to do a "quick carb clean" on a '05 rmz450?

|
kb228
6/2/2020 9:37am
Sounds like half assed work to me. Carb cleaning is an overnight soak or ultrasonic. At least it is to me.
6/2/2020 9:39am
kb228 wrote:
Sounds like half assed work to me. Carb cleaning is an overnight soak or ultrasonic. At least it is to me.
I would agree but I didn't pay for him to clean the carb (nor would I have wanted to pay for it) but he did something to get it running. I never over-night soak mine and I don't have an ultrasonic though. So maybe that's why it's plugged up again! lol

Post a reply to: "Quick Carb Clean" on a 2005 RMZ450

The Latest