Question about 02 cr125 hpp swap.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2018 1:12 PM

What power valve linkage do I need, and are there any differences between the 96-99 power valve linkages? Also, do I need the older governor?

|

1/19/2018 6:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2018 6:10 PM

Just did this swap. Any hpp linkage arm will work. It looks like the 02 governor will bolt up, but may not time/control the hpp valves correctly. Totally diff setup with the RC valve. I used a 95cyl, 97 linkage arm and governor. I used a 02 fmf fatty. Only Minimal modification was needed to make the pipe work. I heated the throat of the pipe with a torch and bent it downward. Wasn’t to hard to make fit.
Photo

|

2010 crf450
2002 cr125
1993 Yamaha waveblaster
1993 Kawasaki 750sx

1/19/2018 9:16 PM

93-99 Arm & governer . We run 05 airboot, 38mm PWK carb 5mm exhaust spacer & 03 KX125 oem pipe with PC shorty and bike runs extremely strong.....it ran decent with 02 governer also but I had a bunch of hpp ones so switched. ...

|

2/6/2018 2:07 PM

Tracktor wrote:

93-99 Arm & governer . We run 05 airboot, 38mm PWK carb 5mm exhaust spacer & 03 KX125 oem pipe with PC shorty and bike runs extremely strong.....it ran decent with 02 governer also but I had a bunch of hpp ones so switched. ...

Do you run the stock 02 cdi box on the hpp cyl? It run ok I assume? The timing curve has to be a little diff between the 00+ rc cyl and the hpp engines. I have read that shifter karts in the stock cr125 class have to use a stock 99 cdi box even though they are allowed to run up to a 02 cyl. So maybe it’s not that diff. Just curious what has worked for you.

|

2010 crf450
2002 cr125
1993 Yamaha waveblaster
1993 Kawasaki 750sx

2/6/2018 4:12 PM

Tracktor wrote:

93-99 Arm & governer . We run 05 airboot, 38mm PWK carb 5mm exhaust spacer & 03 KX125 oem pipe with PC shorty and bike runs extremely strong.....it ran decent with 02 governer also but I had a bunch of hpp ones so switched. ...

mx621 wrote:

Do you run the stock 02 cdi box on the hpp cyl? It run ok I assume? The timing curve has to be a little diff between the 00+ rc cyl and the hpp engines. I have read that shifter karts in the stock cr125 class have to use a stock 99 cdi box even though they are allowed to run up to a 02 cyl. So maybe it’s not that diff. Just curious what has worked for you.

I have ran the '02 ignition the whole time. I have some '97 setups but haven't thought to try them. The 02 doesn't have the RC valve I believe that didn't begin until 05? It runs strong enough now I don't see any reason to change it up at this point..................

|

2/7/2018 4:17 AM

That’s for the info!!!
RC valve was 2000-2007. Just didn’t have the logo on the pv cover till 05.

|

2010 crf450
2002 cr125
1993 Yamaha waveblaster
1993 Kawasaki 750sx

2/7/2018 8:44 AM

mx621 wrote:

That’s for the info!!!
RC valve was 2000-2007. Just didn’t have the logo on the pv cover till 05.

My bad. For some reason I equate RC valve with the electric PV? I know the '03 & 04 used a different setup than the 00-01 and 05-07. I bought an '02 as it was the onlt Gen 3 frame you can put the HPP cylinder on. I had a few of those already and wanted to try it. Keeping an eye out for another deal on one since the one we have runs so well........

|