Pw50 help

cjg23307
Bought a used pw50 since all the dealers are sold out,
Bike starts and idles good but it doesn’t rev out completely, seems a little underpowered and kind of bogs at full throttle. I’ve cleaned the carb, new valves, new reeds, changed oil, new spark plug. Any buddy have any ideas I have a video just not sure how to load it onto the site? Any help is greatly appreciated.
|
mrg172
Fantasy
445th
7/13/2020 8:47pm
If memory serves me, try unplugging the start/run/stop electrical connector behind the front number plate. It will still run and stop, just no start position. They actually rev a little farther and cleaner with this unplugged. If it runs better this way, the assembly is probably bad. Also, did you make sure there’s no washer in the exhaust where the pipe mounts to the cylinder? My 30 lb 4 year old could barely get his to move from a stand still with the power reduced washer in. I incrementally drilled it out bigger to help him learn at first
cjg23307
7/13/2020 8:50pm
mrg172 wrote:
If memory serves me, try unplugging the start/run/stop electrical connector behind the front number plate. It will still run and stop, just no start position. They...
If memory serves me, try unplugging the start/run/stop electrical connector behind the front number plate. It will still run and stop, just no start position. They actually rev a little farther and cleaner with this unplugged. If it runs better this way, the assembly is probably bad. Also, did you make sure there’s no washer in the exhaust where the pipe mounts to the cylinder? My 30 lb 4 year old could barely get his to move from a stand still with the power reduced washer in. I incrementally drilled it out bigger to help him learn at first
I didn’t try any of those I’ll work on that tomorrow.. I hope that helps me.
Mxracer394
7/13/2020 9:57pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2020 9:57pm
You may also check the exhaust pipe and make sure it isn’t built up. I have seen one that was running straight premix and it was gummed up pretty good.
pkiczuk
7/14/2020 4:31am
It was over 20 years ago, but had one of these when i was kid and i remember if i revved it while the switch was in the "start" position, it would do exactly as you describe. It almost bogged out. I don't think the tech on these bikes has changed much, so i would be willing to bet your problem lies somewhere in the wiring for that switch as mentioned above.

The Shop

Ktmdad928
7/14/2020 4:41am
Ours does the same thing right after a washing. I've used dielectric grease on the connections behind the front number plate but still does it. Once I give it a day to sort of dry itself out all good. I've never completely figured it out but don't care to dig into it too much as I'll be selling it in less than a year.
minikx
7/15/2020 2:23pm
Is the switch in the middle
And not on start

I bought one a few weeks ago
25 years after I owned my first one and forgot about this

Or maybe it could be the throttle cable sticking or right that it won't open right up?
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
7/15/2020 3:58pm
If junior crashes a lot (or the kid before him did,) that start switch can get jammed up with dirt. Clean that thing all the way out and see if that helps. Since you have cleaned the carb, I'm in agreement that it's probably the switch.

Post a reply to: Pw50 help

The Latest