Paging"tall" Yamaha 450 2018 owners

Related:
Create New Tag

5/29/2018 9:47 PM

Test rode the new Yamaha yesterday and loved everything about it but the height between the seat and footpegs. I currently ride a KTM 450 (16-18 chassis) with stock bars and the 20mm higher seat and I am not sure if I am just used to the higher feeling of my seat and I will be fine on the Yamaha once I get used to it. I rode 5 laps on the Yamaha that is mostly stock with a set of 997 bars which I got told are a tad higher than the stock bars and with a little less sweep. I will try my own bike with the stock seat today to see if I feel the same way as I did when I sat on the Yamaha.

My question to the taller riders (6 foot +) did you ever feel cramped on the bike with the stock seat, pegs and handlebars? If so what did you do to correct it? I am thinking that a higher seat would help my case and maybe even lowered pegs.

|

5/29/2018 11:07 PM

I’m 6 foot, long legs. I run 10 mm lower bars. I don’t feel cramped coming off of a 17 husky. Keeferinctesting might have some input, he’s tall too and runs stock bars and seat. I ride off the seat a lot though.

|

5/29/2018 11:53 PM

swtwtwtw wrote:

I’m 6 foot, long legs. I run 10 mm lower bars. I don’t feel cramped coming off of a 17 husky. Keeferinctesting might have some ...more

Thanks for the tip, I sent Kris an email just now. I want to be sure and hear others opinion of the ergonomics before I go out of my way and pay for my first bike silly

|

5/30/2018 9:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2018 9:54 PM

I'm 6'3 and I love my 18 yamaha i got the bars in the front holes in the clamps and I'm super comfortable on this bike i put fastway lowered pegs on but I stand a lot as well I've never really felt cramped but they made it feel better.

|

MOTO LIFE 988 Over 30 B Vet class