PW80 Jets / other Mods

jack-_
I have a 01 Pw80 and I’ve done a few mods to it today like the clutch ball and oil injection block off. I’m actually making a video on it because there doesn’t seem to be any tutorials besides text. I don’t know, it might be useful to someone.

Anyways, one mod I saw was to change the clip on the carb on the needle. So, coupled with other air intake mods I am doing I was looking for the right jets. Most people went up one in both main and pilot I think.

So I was trying to find the right ones and even in a lot of a bunch like found on eBay. However, while they include main jet sizes, the pilots say like k32 or k40- while all I know is the bike stocks is a#20

I don’t know how those compare, so I need some help finding the right jets and where to buy them. Ideally, something that is plug and play would be best.
I did find one website but each part is like 7.19 for a main jet and that seems steep for just one.

Off topic for jets, but does anyone have a photo of where they drilled the hole in the frame to move the rear shock to raise the back end?
|
mwmx54
3/24/2020 11:31pm
Make sure you check the float height, many have waisted countless hours jetting, to find the floats were way out of adjustment. Ask me how I know.
sonerson83
4/2/2020 2:13am
jack-_ wrote:
I have a 01 Pw80 and I’ve done a few mods to it today like the clutch ball and oil injection block off. I’m actually making...
I have a 01 Pw80 and I’ve done a few mods to it today like the clutch ball and oil injection block off. I’m actually making a video on it because there doesn’t seem to be any tutorials besides text. I don’t know, it might be useful to someone.

Anyways, one mod I saw was to change the clip on the carb on the needle. So, coupled with other air intake mods I am doing I was looking for the right jets. Most people went up one in both main and pilot I think.

So I was trying to find the right ones and even in a lot of a bunch like found on eBay. However, while they include main jet sizes, the pilots say like k32 or k40- while all I know is the bike stocks is a#20

I don’t know how those compare, so I need some help finding the right jets and where to buy them. Ideally, something that is plug and play would be best.
I did find one website but each part is like 7.19 for a main jet and that seems steep for just one.

Off topic for jets, but does anyone have a photo of where they drilled the hole in the frame to move the rear shock to raise the back end?
What is the clutch ball mod?
jack-_
4/4/2020 9:27am
sonerson83 wrote:
What is the clutch ball mod?
Basically you open the clutch and pull out half or less of the 12 ball bearings. It is pretty easy and if you're looking to do it I have video of it. It increases the engagement rpm of the bike so it doesn't jerk at idle. More responsive
ktmdan
4/10/2020 11:54am
How did the jetting work out for you?
My 2004 runs terribly from 60 to 100% throttle. It has zero power there and sounds like it's rich. I'm worried it may be the ignition though because it doesn't appear to be stock.

The Shop

jack-_
4/11/2020 10:44am
ktmdan wrote:
How did the jetting work out for you? My 2004 runs terribly from 60 to 100% throttle. It has zero power there and sounds like it's...
My 2004 runs terribly from 60 to 100% throttle. It has zero power there and sounds like it's rich. I'm worried it may be the ignition though because it doesn't appear to be stock.
I didn't know what jetting to get for it, so I went back on one of my mods and put the carb needle setting at the factory 3 slot. It took like 3 hours of tuning to get it back. Very helpful if you watch a video on how to exactly to do it. If anyone had the bike before you then maybe check the carb needle for where the settings is at. Right now the bike is running fine on stock jets and a new air filter (makes it leaner).
Ronny
2/4/2022 2:02pm
ktmdan wrote:
How did the jetting work out for you? My 2004 runs terribly from 60 to 100% throttle. It has zero power there and sounds like it's...
Hello.
I had the same problem as you.
I took the engine out of frame.
took off head and cylinder.
removed restrictor in exhaust. burned out old oil.
adapted exhaust for exhaust muffler.
put on cylinder look at innlet ports have 2.6 mm mis martsh. piston to high. make a 2.2 mm shims. to the bottom of the cylinder. mills 3.4mm on top of the cylinder and removes 0.6mm on the head.
scwish band 1.1 mm.
now i have oval drilled carburetor up to ø16 and down 1mm and up 1.3mm now in nead biger jets.
and a difrent muffler more flow.we had a fmf muffler from yz 85 put it on some modification.
now pw 80 start to breathe.
no smoke.
motor runs out.
became a completely different bike. now it pulls well on 3 gears.

Post a reply to: PW80 Jets / other Mods

The Latest