PW 50 help

agn5009
My sons PW 50 runs like a huge turd and I can’t figure out why. It seems to just bog right down and has no power at all. It’s to the point where it will run ok (not good, just ok) for a little bit then all of a sudden it seems to load up and he can’t ride up the smallest of inclines without putting his feet down and helping it move.

I started running the non ethanol fuel in it because I worried the fuel was a problem. It hasn’t helped at all. I hope someone can help me out. I feel horrible he can’t ride the bike to its potential.
|
5/19/2019 8:05am
Exhaust port is so low in the PW cylinder, they take forever to rev out and run halfway clean. There is also a setting for the oil pump discussed in the manual. Oil rich, then check the pump setting.

Air filter good ? Exhaust port / pipe not carbon blocked ? Decent compression ? Not much more to them.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/19/2019 10:34am
Make sure the washer in the exhaust is removed. Fresh plug.
The part where you say it runs fine and then load up is a little scary. If you put it on the stand snd then holf it wide open, will it clear out? Sometimes that's all they need.
agn5009
5/19/2019 7:45pm
Falcon wrote:
Make sure the washer in the exhaust is removed. Fresh plug. The part where you say it runs fine and then load up is a little...
Make sure the washer in the exhaust is removed. Fresh plug.
The part where you say it runs fine and then load up is a little scary. If you put it on the stand snd then holf it wide open, will it clear out? Sometimes that's all they need.
Yes it tends to clear out. But then loads back up on the first small incline/hill he encounters.
Batjustin
5/20/2019 4:12am
Take the reducer washer out where the header pipe and the engine meet. I also found the packing material thats in the muffler got saturated causing the problem you describe. Once gone bike runs perfect. You have to push it out and leave it out.

The Shop

agn5009
5/20/2019 6:24am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2019 6:24am
Batjustin wrote:
Take the reducer washer out where the header pipe and the engine meet. I also found the packing material thats in the muffler got saturated causing...
Take the reducer washer out where the header pipe and the engine meet. I also found the packing material thats in the muffler got saturated causing the problem you describe. Once gone bike runs perfect. You have to push it out and leave it out.

I took the restrictor plate out and heated the exhaust up and knocked all of the carbon out. There didn’t seem to be a lot in there though.
Batjustin
5/20/2019 8:51am
I actually had packing lodged in the pipe. See if you can run a coat hanger or something through the entire pipe.
Batjustin
5/20/2019 8:52am
It was like a completely different bike after that. Ran great. Mine was a 2014.
Batjustin
5/20/2019 8:56am
It may have been in the pipe and not in the muffler. Its been awhile. My sons bike was the same exact way until I got rid of the packing.
agn5009
5/20/2019 9:53am
Batjustin wrote:
It may have been in the pipe and not in the muffler. Its been awhile. My sons bike was the same exact way until I got...
It may have been in the pipe and not in the muffler. Its been awhile. My sons bike was the same exact way until I got rid of the packing.
Thanks. I heated it up last night and tried knocking all the carbon out. I got a little out but it didn’t seem like it’d be enough to make a difference.
Batjustin
5/20/2019 10:42am
Not trying to beat a dead horse but there was an oil soaked piece of packing lodged in the pipe that needs to be removed. I would almost guarantee this is your problem.

Take the whole pipe off and use something to clean out the obstruction(packing).
5/20/2019 10:45am
Pull the pipe off and run it up the street and back. Won't hurt it. Then you will know if the pipe is clogged.

Post a reply to: PW 50 help

The Latest