PW 50 HELP!!!!

JMFNB
Just replaced the rear tire on my sons PW50 2006. When I put the ring gear back in, it lines up with the gear on the shaft nice and feels like its seating well in the housing. When I put the cover back on and tighten the (3) 8MM bolts it tightens down to the point where its rubbing the housing cover. This puts tremendous friction on the ring gear and causes the tire to not spin freely. I can still turn the wheel, but, its almost as if the brakes are dragging (They are not) its the housing cover. Any advice or pointers are much appreciated. Thanks guys!
|
7/8/2017 10:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2017 10:19pm
Check to make sure the bearings in the axle housing have not slid out of their races in the housing. No reason to pull the cover to change a tire. Just the axle nut, silencer, and fake swing arm plate.
JMFNB
7/9/2017 12:26pm
I wouldn't have removed the cover and pulled the ring gear however, the last owner damaged the gear inside the rear rim. I had to file to open it up and pulled the ring gear to make sure I could get them to line up. I got everything to seat and line up nice. Rear wheel spins freely. Thanks @projectracer

Post a reply to: PW 50 HELP!!!!

The Latest