PC Works pipes protecting finish

Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2018 11:25 AM

What's the best way to keep a brand new PC Works pipe looking brand new? Some say WD-40, others say high temp clear coat. I don't want to lose the luster.

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto

8/17/2018 11:33 AM

Scotch brite and gibb's oil. You can use WD-40 as well. It will rust no matter what just from mud when you go ride.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

8/17/2018 11:46 AM

WD-40 and scotch brite after every ride/wash. Mine still looks good.

|

8/17/2018 11:49 AM

Get the pipe to look like you want it to....sanded, blued welds ect. Then high temp clear coat it...the clear will eventually burn off a rider, but will help with keeping rust away. I also spray them with wd40 after washing, and then put some rubber gloves on & take a rag with motor oil on it & give it a nice wipe down....the raw pipes are great looking but way more work to upkeep...all three of these pipes are high temp clear coated.... Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

8/17/2018 5:21 PM

sandman768 wrote:

Get the pipe to look like you want it to....sanded, blued welds ect. Then high temp clear coat it...the clear will eventually burn off a rider, but will help with keeping rust away. I also spray them with wd40 after washing, and then put some rubber gloves on & take a rag with motor oil on it & give it a nice wipe down....the raw pipes are great looking but way more work to upkeep...all three of these pipes are high temp clear coated.... Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

+1 on the high temp clearcoat. I sprayed a raw Doma pipe back in 06 & have only done a couple of touch ups from time to time.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/17/2018 7:51 PM

sandman768 wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

Which brand of hi temp paint are you using?

|

8/17/2018 8:06 PM

I hit the pipe with red scotch brite for like 30 seconds every time I was the bike.

I saw on MotoStuff’s Instagram they coated a bills cone pipe with high temp clear ceramic coating. I don’t know anything about it but they posted it the other day.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmT6W94g3Cl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1rbfaxm54ez31

|

8/17/2018 9:54 PM

I've used the aerosol dupli color brand with good results. The ceramic coating would be a better choice since it's suppose to be chip resistant & more durable.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/18/2018 12:55 AM

green Scotch Brite and oil of your choice. Don't allow yourself to believe it is clean and does not need a scrub.

Buy some nitrile gloves and have at it after every wash. It will take less time after some practice.

|

8/18/2018 4:24 AM

Like mentioned above, high temp clear coat is what you need.

|

KX125

8/18/2018 2:03 PM

I had a raw pipe on my last Ktm for 4 years after every wash I hit it with wd40 and a green scotch Brite and then wiped with a rag. It took less than 3 minutes every time and looked great all 4 years never any rust

|