Output shaft binds when bolting cases back together

I'm assembling the bottom end on my 07 KX250 two stroke. New cases, bearings, and OEM crank assembly. Used Tusk crankshaft tool to pull crank into case halves. The cases went together smoothly and evenly. Stopped to check every turn of the wrench. There wasn't any binding or uneven pressure applied anywhere.

Soon as I put any torque on the case bolts the output shaft stops spinning. It's bound up somehow. What could be happening and is there a way to settle it into place without splitting the cases I just pulled together?
|
newmann
7/29/2018 6:34pm
Did you buy new bearings from an off the wall source? Are all your thrust washers in the proper location?
7/29/2018 9:06pm
newmann wrote:
Did you buy new bearings from an off the wall source? Are all your thrust washers in the proper location?
OEM all the way, including new crankshaft assembly and case set. Sounds like I need to pull the left case half off to inspect. Dangit.
Nzpatch
7/30/2018 12:33am
It's not the bushing you were asking about a few days ago on the output shaft?
7/30/2018 5:56am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2018 6:06am
Nzpatch wrote:
It's not the bushing you were asking about a few days ago on the output shaft?
Yes, that was me. I looked at the opposite side of the case. The bushing appeared to be snug against the retainers. I was afraid to tap that one any more since the retainer tabs in the case are not very substantial.

The Shop

7/30/2018 7:32pm
Got it sorted. Output shaft roller bearing (by the sprocket) wasn't seated fully. It was off by like half a mm or less.

Post a reply to: Output shaft binds when bolting cases back together

The Latest