Ohlins TTX carts for AER 48?

atrdrvr7
Anybody do the conversion? Looking for some feedback on how it worked out. I have a 19' 450 sxf and looking to convert to some type of spring fork.
|
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
3/30/2019 3:27am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2019 3:35am
Not Ohlins but I just ordered a set of Dal Soggio Sphere cartridges for our 18 FE. We are an authorized dealer for them in the US now, from the US distributor. Keep an eye out for a post with our thoughts. I am very excited about this. We have been researching for weeks now to determine the best conversion for the money. Almost did a single spring cartridge but we don't feel that will get that get us where my son wants the bike to be, so a full kit is the way we decided to go. Went back and forth between the KYB conversion kit and the Sphere. The full KYB is not in stock anywhere right now and we wanted to be a little different so Sphere here we come!!

omalley
3/31/2019 9:21pm
Not an AER but...
Just did the Ohlins conversion on my ‘18 KX450 from the SFF-TAC.

Rode once yesterday. Initial impressions are that they are very fluid and confidence-inspiring. Great action and feel.

Only complaint is that they need to be stiffer overall. I’m near the upper limit of oil height and my springs/preload are right on. Same with the shock on feel/stiffness (Flow shock).

That said, I’m heavy (230). More average riders would probably love the valving as-is. I’ll probably get both ends revalved but the potential is obvious. If I can keep the feel and just add some stiffness they will easily be the best suspension I’ve ridden with. The feel on braking bumps was like they weren’t there.
blaze 57
4/1/2019 6:35pm
I rode a KTM 350 with the Sphere's. I certainly liked them better than my Yamaha 450 KYB's. There were that good.
Rippin6
4/5/2019 8:56pm
I put the Ohlins cartridges in my 2019 SXF 350. They work good. My 2015.5 FE 450 has showa cartridges done by Merge racing and they are fantastic.

The Shop

erik_94COBRA
4/6/2019 7:31am
Spoke to Enzo recently and they thought the KYB conversion was very good. I will likely go this route on my 19 450 SX-F.

I'm very happy with my revalved WP CC forks on my TC250 so the Dal Soggio would probably be at least as good (similar design).
atrdrvr7
4/6/2019 11:20am
Spoke to Enzo recently and they thought the KYB conversion was very good. I will likely go this route on my 19 450 SX-F. I'm very...
Spoke to Enzo recently and they thought the KYB conversion was very good. I will likely go this route on my 19 450 SX-F.

I'm very happy with my revalved WP CC forks on my TC250 so the Dal Soggio would probably be at least as good (similar design).
This was the path I want to take also. Only problem is it's a 3 month wait for the technical touch kit that has the KYB carts and a really nice set of new billet lugs. Without their lugs the bottom of the carts hang out of the forks. Wasn't really keen on that setup.
erik_94COBRA
4/6/2019 11:53am
Spoke to Enzo recently and they thought the KYB conversion was very good. I will likely go this route on my 19 450 SX-F. I'm very...

atrdrvr7 wrote:
This was the path I want to take also. Only problem is it's a 3 month wait for the technical touch kit that has the KYB...
This was the path I want to take also. Only problem is it's a 3 month wait for the technical touch kit that has the KYB carts and a really nice set of new billet lugs. Without their lugs the bottom of the carts hang out of the forks. Wasn't really keen on that setup.
Probably going to buy kit from here:
https://oneclick.com.ee/shop/forks/kyb-cartridge-kit-for-wp-aer-48-fork/

And have Enzo install/revalve.
atrdrvr7
4/6/2019 3:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2019 3:11pm

atrdrvr7 wrote:
This was the path I want to take also. Only problem is it's a 3 month wait for the technical touch kit that has the KYB...

I emailed them. 3 months out for the kit. They are by far the best priced. I was thinking of having JM do the install and valve job. Figured I could bring it in and have him change if I wasn't happy. I have had good luck with him and KYB forks. If he does the job.
wheres wally
Fantasy
882nd
4/8/2019 5:21am
I have the KYB SSS inserts on my 18, By far the best suspension I've ridden, I had a spring kit by a dutch company called Reiger in my 17 and was an improvement over the air, but the KYB is next level.

I can't comment on the Ohlins but can't see how they could possibly be better than the KYB.

racerxx276
4/8/2019 8:06am
Best bang (and performance) for a WP conversion is the MX Tech Lucky cartridge kit. $981

You can't beat the HUCK valve, easily the best bottoming control device out there and very good valving to match.

I've had the Dal Soggio Sphere's, Ohlins, A-kit Kyb's (KTM) and Cone forks in the past.

I wasted a LOT of money chasing a good fork for the KTM. IMHO MX Tech is way ahead of everyone else.

AND you can take them out to put into your next fork...
erik_94COBRA
4/8/2019 9:12am
atrdrvr7 wrote:

atrdrvr7 wrote:
I emailed them. 3 months out for the kit. They are by far the best priced. I was thinking of having JM do the install and...
I emailed them. 3 months out for the kit. They are by far the best priced. I was thinking of having JM do the install and valve job. Figured I could bring it in and have him change if I wasn't happy. I have had good luck with him and KYB forks. If he does the job.
That's a long time to wait. Wonder why the backorder is so long.

Be sure to post when you get it done.
SUZ_291
11/9/2019 3:43pm
racerxx276 wrote:
Best bang (and performance) for a WP conversion is the MX Tech Lucky cartridge kit. $981 You can't beat the HUCK valve, easily the best bottoming...
Best bang (and performance) for a WP conversion is the MX Tech Lucky cartridge kit. $981

You can't beat the HUCK valve, easily the best bottoming control device out there and very good valving to match.

I've had the Dal Soggio Sphere's, Ohlins, A-kit Kyb's (KTM) and Cone forks in the past.

I wasted a LOT of money chasing a good fork for the KTM. IMHO MX Tech is way ahead of everyone else.

Please don’t think I’m calling you out. I’ve actually been looking at buying a set of the mx-tech inserts myself. You and two other people have raved about them. I find more with not so good options. I know everyone has their own preference. I don’t race but could run a slow B pace but being I gotta go to work on Monday I prefer to hold back and just enjoy riding at a C level. What I’m looking for is PLUSH being I’ve broke both wrists. Chatter bumps kill me. What are your exact thoughts on the mx-tech vs the others?
erik_94COBRA
11/9/2019 4:23pm
racerxx276 wrote:
Best bang (and performance) for a WP conversion is the MX Tech Lucky cartridge kit. $981 You can't beat the HUCK valve, easily the best bottoming...

SUZ_291 wrote:
Please don’t think I’m calling you out. I’ve actually been looking at buying a set of the mx-tech inserts myself. You and two other people have...
Please don’t think I’m calling you out. I’ve actually been looking at buying a set of the mx-tech inserts myself. You and two other people have raved about them. I find more with not so good options. I know everyone has their own preference. I don’t race but could run a slow B pace but being I gotta go to work on Monday I prefer to hold back and just enjoy riding at a C level. What I’m looking for is PLUSH being I’ve broke both wrists. Chatter bumps kill me. What are your exact thoughts on the mx-tech vs the others?
Not the person you’re asking, but have some comments.

With the right valving they should all be relatively close. I’ve tried stock and revalved AERs, revalved WP Closed chamber, and CV with cones and traditional midvalves. Craig at Enzo tells me the KYB are better than reworked CVs and after some time on the CVs I would believe it.

So, for full sticker price bang for the buck the MXTech inserts are probably very good. Some used and reworked WP CC would probably be close. There are also a set of KYB inserts in the for sale section now. Might be actual best value atm.
SUZ_291
11/9/2019 6:01pm
racerxx276 wrote:

SUZ_291 wrote:
Please don’t think I’m calling you out. I’ve actually been looking at buying a set of the mx-tech inserts myself. You and two other people have...
Not the person you’re asking, but have some comments. With the right valving they should all be relatively close. I’ve tried stock and revalved AERs, revalved...
Not the person you’re asking, but have some comments.

With the right valving they should all be relatively close. I’ve tried stock and revalved AERs, revalved WP Closed chamber, and CV with cones and traditional midvalves. Craig at Enzo tells me the KYB are better than reworked CVs and after some time on the CVs I would believe it.

So, for full sticker price bang for the buck the MXTech inserts are probably very good. Some used and reworked WP CC would probably be close. There are also a set of KYB inserts in the for sale section now. Might be actual best value atm.
I can’t find them!! Please send me the link

Post a reply to: Ohlins TTX carts for AER 48?

The Latest