What’s the deal with Ohlins fork and shock? I’m hoping someone can chime in who’s recently purchased suspension from ohlins. I can’t find a lot of info on where to purchase and what is offered when you do purchase. Do they re spring and revalve etc.. does anyone have any input on the reputable dealers? I’ve contacted Ohlins USA but I’m not getting great info from them.
Thanks
|
NeedMoto
9/16/2021 11:51am
Ohlins dealer> coppersmithracing.com
NeedMoto
9/16/2021 11:55am
Fairly local to you, over in Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz Suspension and Accessories. Owner Rich Dandalo, Ohlins rep.
PNWRider
9/16/2021 10:43pm
I had their TTX cartridges and Flow shock on my 18 KX450F. The forks were phenomenal, plain and simple. The shock was really good, but so was the stock one, so the difference wasn’t as drastic.

I will say, however, that their stuff had a feeling I had to get used to, as it uses far more travel than I was used to with Showa/KYB. Hard to describe other than feeling almost too soft, yet not bottoming. I got used to it. The small chop absorption was phenomenal.
CSAR FE
9/17/2021 10:37am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2021 10:39am
Running Ohlins forks on my Husky. They are amazing. They took about 6 hours to break in, and now they are by far the most comfortable forks I've ever ridden. The bottoming resistance is outstanding, for me at least. Soaks up the chop really well, good hold up, no harsh spots in the stroke.

No revalve needed necessarily, just springs for your weight. There is an insane amount of adjustability in the clickers. 1 click makes a change that I would say is equivalent to 2 or 3 clicks on a showa/kyb fork. There's somewhere around 28 total clicks of compression and rebound, if my memory serves me correctly. So you can have a setting for everything from off-road to moto.

I didn't buy the Ohlins shock, as the WP shock on the Husky, along with the FC revalve I have is very good, so I didn't feel it was necessary.

The downside to these forks is it seems like they need a couple special tools, spare parts aren't something you can just hop on RMATV or the like and order, and the cartridges have a bladder in them, so if you're the type to service on your own, you need to have a nitrogen setup.

They gave me what I was looking for, so for me, they were worth the money.

Post a reply to: Ohlins

The Latest