No Toil?

FalseNeutral
Just curious if anyone has first hand feedback. I've been contemplating switching over to no toil filters but I don't know anyone running them and I'm a little on the fence about putting the engine at risk. Do they work just as good? How easy are they to clean? Any feedback is much appreciated.
|
CSAR FE
7/7/2017 8:12pm
I've gone back and forth between No Toil and Twin Air filters over the years and haven't noticed any tangible difference. I have always used No Toil cleaner and oil and its never done me wrong in 14 years.
rmoto003
7/7/2017 9:46pm
IMO I dont see why people use anything else, shit is pretty damn good and easy as hell to clean
tempura
7/8/2017 3:11am
I use their flame resistant filters and their filter oil.
It's a damn good system, and allows me to clean my filters in the sink at home. No mess, smell..just makes the maintenance aspect of riding less of a hassle.

The Shop

7/8/2017 6:53am
slipdog wrote:
No Toil... Do it!
Agreed. Stuff works good. Don't forget to use plain-ole Oxy Clean to clean your filters. Much cheaper than their cleaner which is nothing more than Oxy Clean.
mxbrian15
7/8/2017 2:48pm
It's all I've run for the past 8 years. So much better/easier than anything else. No regrets at all.
Wade221
7/8/2017 4:18pm
Highly recommend No Toil.. but I'm biased, as well
mx12boy
Fantasy
1706th
7/12/2017 6:53pm
Great stuff. Filters and oil both. I remember seeing the No Toil van at Riverfront when the stuff was just coming out.
Naanak
7/12/2017 7:14pm
No toil oil and cleaner(or powdered oxy clean) and no toil or twin air filters. No problem with either.
b_kowalsk
7/13/2017 7:08am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2017 7:08am
Hey bro's, am I the only one who's not down with no toil? In my experience it makes a real mess in the air box and in general don't like it. Kind of runny to me and you have to stick with their filters or it will degrade the foam. Personally my favorite is Bel-Ray oil with twin air cleaner.
dmm698
7/13/2017 10:09am
b_kowalsk wrote:
Hey bro's, am I the only one who's not down with no toil? In my experience it makes a real mess in the air box and...
Hey bro's, am I the only one who's not down with no toil? In my experience it makes a real mess in the air box and in general don't like it. Kind of runny to me and you have to stick with their filters or it will degrade the foam. Personally my favorite is Bel-Ray oil with twin air cleaner.
I've never heard or seen of no toil filter oil degrading the foam of any filter, and i've used it on Moose/Pro-x/Twin Air/ DT1 filters over the past 8 years. I'll stick to the No-toil oil with some oxy clean to clean it up rather than mineral spirits/kerosene/super expensive mx filter branded cleaners to remove it. I dont see how anybody could say it makes more of a mess than something like belray does.

Dunk filter in a tub filled with no toil, squeeze out the excess, install. Never had a problem, and my air box is clean other than where I run the filter against the back of it when installing. Quick mist of oxy clean and water from a spray bottle when pressure washing and its good as new?
Mx746
7/13/2017 12:10pm
No toil is good stuff, love the ease of use. I also find it a tad 'thinner' than other oils though, and it will make its way to the bottom of the filter over time. Not a concern if you ride and clean filters often.
Pirate421
7/13/2017 5:34pm
Are most using the red or the bio version? I used to use it but found that the oil would migrate. Also if you oiled your filter more than a day in advance of riding, the oil would seem like it was drying out. I would love to go back to the ease of use that no toil was.
tempura
7/13/2017 7:45pm
b_kowalsk wrote:
Hey bro's, am I the only one who's not down with no toil? In my experience it makes a real mess in the air box and...
You're probably in the minority.
Never heard of it degrading the foam of filters. I've used it with several brand filters and never had a problem.
It's less messy by far, in comparison to other systems. I can do everything in the kitchen sink, and leave no mess or smell. I'm having a hard time understanding how you came to that conclusion.
tempura
7/13/2017 7:47pm
Pirate421 wrote:
Are most using the red or the bio version? I used to use it but found that the oil would migrate. Also if you oiled your...
Are most using the red or the bio version? I used to use it but found that the oil would migrate. Also if you oiled your filter more than a day in advance of riding, the oil would seem like it was drying out. I would love to go back to the ease of use that no toil was.
I've used both and like either, but prefer the green. It's slightly thicker and takes longer to dry out, but I find it easier to cover the filter. The green dye is strong and easy to see coverage.
7/14/2017 7:37am
No Toil is Incredible !!!!!
seth419
7/14/2017 4:04pm
Wade221 wrote:
Highly recommend No Toil.. but I'm biased, as well
No Toil, straight out of Yuba City!!! My buddies dad growing up invented it. I remember him telling me he would spend countless hours in the garage at night perfecting it. Its all ive ever used.
crc245
7/14/2017 6:29pm
Pirate421 wrote:
Are most using the red or the bio version? I used to use it but found that the oil would migrate. Also if you oiled your...
Red, all the way for me. And not the aerosol version - Bottles only to ensure proper saturation. Can't beat the ease of use and easy clean up.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
7/15/2017 10:16am
b_kowalsk wrote:
You're not alone. I hate the stuff. I do know a lot of people that use it though.
7/15/2017 5:36pm
The original red no-toil used to deteriorate the glue of certain filters. I used it on a uni once and the filter came apart after one use.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
7/16/2017 9:44pm
How about the Twin-Air Bio oil? How does it compare to No Toil red or green? Does it also clean easily with Oxi-clean?
tempura
7/17/2017 2:44am
FGR01 wrote:
How about the Twin-Air Bio oil? How does it compare to No Toil red or green? Does it also clean easily with Oxi-clean?
I've used it. It's good stuff, very sticky but smells strong. I used kerosene for clean up.

Post a reply to: No Toil?

The Latest