New bike Jitters - 2012 YZ450F . Engine noise

Cody2guns
Is there something to be concerned about with this YZ450 ?

https://youtu.be/0ZxQf_RQfW4
|
dirtmike86
1/11/2018 5:27pm
Sounds like a cam chain noise in my opinion. Id take the valve cover off and and see how tight the tension is. Youre not hearing things though. There is something going on. Could need a new tensioner or guide.
Cody2guns
1/11/2018 6:22pm
OK . I'll pull the valve cover tomorrow and see if that cam chain is tight or not .
Cody2guns
1/12/2018 10:47am
I just got done checking the Cam chain and valves . Figured I'd make a follow up Video from yesterdays Video .
I think I will be getting a new ACCT or MCCT and chain guide in the near future .
I did find that both intake valves were out of Spec . I reshimed them and I think I'm in the right direction .

https://youtu.be/Mlu135CF7gk
dirtmike86
1/12/2018 11:04am
Cody2guns wrote:
I just got done checking the Cam chain and valves . Figured I'd make a follow up Video from yesterdays Video . I think I will...
I just got done checking the Cam chain and valves . Figured I'd make a follow up Video from yesterdays Video .
I think I will be getting a new ACCT or MCCT and chain guide in the near future .
I did find that both intake valves were out of Spec . I reshimed them and I think I'm in the right direction .

https://youtu.be/Mlu135CF7gk
What a bummer that shop gave it to you with the valves out of spec. Hard to say if the noise is better or not. Does the noise change with the clutch pulled in? Ive only worked on a few yamahas of that model and they were just noisy bikes to begin with. Id do a check to see if any other parts are rattling. Header springs, bolts, ect. Other wise it looks like it starts easy and runs smooth.

The Shop

Cody2guns
1/12/2018 11:43am
dirtmike86 wrote:
What a bummer that shop gave it to you with the valves out of spec. Hard to say if the noise is better or not. Does...
What a bummer that shop gave it to you with the valves out of spec. Hard to say if the noise is better or not. Does the noise change with the clutch pulled in? Ive only worked on a few yamahas of that model and they were just noisy bikes to begin with. Id do a check to see if any other parts are rattling. Header springs, bolts, ect. Other wise it looks like it starts easy and runs smooth.
I suspect that they confused the intake for exhaust . It would have been in spec . It starts right up and the sounds seems to be more consecrated or uniform now . I once had a 06 yz450 and that motor was loud too .And when I bought it ,it also needed a valve adjustment . Maybe your right maybe these motors are just loud and a bit annoying .
But thanks for pointing me in the right direction .I appreciate it
redduk
1/12/2018 2:55pm
That's the top of your cam lob smacking your valve bucket because it's not shimmed correctly.
Do not run or bad things will happen
Cody2guns
1/12/2018 4:25pm
redduk wrote:
That's the top of your cam lob smacking your valve bucket because it's not shimmed correctly.
Do not run or bad things will happen
Are you referring to the First or Second Video ?
redduk
1/12/2018 4:57pm
First, didn't catch the second one
Cody2guns
1/12/2018 5:12pm
redduk wrote:
First, didn't catch the second one
If you get the time , Check out the Second Video and let me know what you think .

Post a reply to: New bike Jitters - 2012 YZ450F . Engine noise

The Latest