Need help figuring out which triple clamps and wheel hubs will fit 2003 kx250

racerdane
Edited Date/Time 6/4/2020 8:40am
Hey guys I'm going through my 03 kx250 and there are two things I'm having trouble with. Hubs and triple clamps.

Hubs: I cracked both front and rear stock shoulderless rims. So I purchased new excel rims with the idea of lacing them up to my stock hubs. Well the stock hubs are ugly in my opinion so I'd like to swap them out. I know I can get new ones for my bike still but was wondering if anybody knew if any of the newer kawi hubs will match up.

Triple clamps: I am also having trouble finding triple clamps other than stock. I'd almost like to do a front end swap to something newer and still kawi but I'm not sure if or what years fit.

If someone could help me with this info or at least point me in the right direction I would very appreciative.
|
TFerrell311
5/29/2020 9:40am
Either remove the casting lines off the hubs and triple clamps or buy a modified steering stop from trick engineering to run newer forks off any 250f/450. You’d just need to run the newer wheel and spacers. I’m still running the original stopper he made for me years ago it works just like it should.
racerdane
6/3/2020 2:53pm
Either remove the casting lines off the hubs and triple clamps or buy a modified steering stop from trick engineering to run newer forks off any...
Either remove the casting lines off the hubs and triple clamps or buy a modified steering stop from trick engineering to run newer forks off any 250f/450. You’d just need to run the newer wheel and spacers. I’m still running the original stopper he made for me years ago it works just like it should.
So I can run a newer kxf front end with my 03 wheel as long as I have the spacers for whatever front end I get?

Also I was reading that stopper is designed to work with Pro Circuit clamps and might not work with stock or other aftermarket ones. Any word on that?

Side question: will a newer kxf shock fit an 03 kx?
brax_stang
6/3/2020 5:13pm
Either remove the casting lines off the hubs and triple clamps or buy a modified steering stop from trick engineering to run newer forks off any...
racerdane wrote:
So I can run a newer kxf front end with my 03 wheel as long as I have the spacers for whatever front end I get...
So I can run a newer kxf front end with my 03 wheel as long as I have the spacers for whatever front end I get?

Also I was reading that stopper is designed to work with Pro Circuit clamps and might not work with stock or other aftermarket ones. Any word on that?

Right now I have a 2003 kx250 with the txrace 2018 restyle kit and I have 2015 kx450f sff air forks with stock everything up front(other than a front brake cable and shaving the top triple clamps a little bit to fit the thinner fork housing). I'm even using the same spacers and axle that I used with my 03 forks. Not sure about the rear shock I only messed with the front suspension since I was having such a hard time dialing in the 03 forks.
TFerrell311
6/4/2020 8:40am
racerdane wrote:
So I can run a newer kxf front end with my 03 wheel as long as I have the spacers for whatever front end I get...

You'll have to run the front wheel not just the wheel spacers.

i sent him my pc clamps to go off of but they work with the oem clamps from the 250fs also. The stop on the clamps are all the same.

if you want to run the Kxf shock i believe it has to be lowered internally 3mm. Rachtech sells a spacer for that.

Post a reply to: Need help figuring out which triple clamps and wheel hubs will fit 2003 kx250

The Latest