Need a softer rear shock spring, what do i get?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/31/2018 4:53 PM

How do i figure out what kind of rear shock spring i need? i need a softer spring but dont know what spec and how to find out or what company to buy it off for a decent price. Can anyone give me some sizing guides and suggestions?

Thanks

|

7/31/2018 4:54 PM

Racetech has a spring rate calculator. Enter your bike, weight, skill level and theyll tell you. This calculator is on their website. I used it for my shock and forks and i like it. I believe the total for springs was $250

|

7/31/2018 5:30 PM

What bike? There are some measurements and calculations that can get you dialled better than some of the online sources

|

7/31/2018 8:52 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

What bike? There are some measurements and calculations that can get you dialled better than some of the online sources

its a 2004 KTM 125SX

|

7/31/2018 9:01 PM

kb228 wrote:

Racetech has a spring rate calculator. Enter your bike, weight, skill level and theyll tell you. This calculator is on their website. I used it for my shock and forks and i like it. I believe the total for springs was $250

Thanks ill check it out! I thought racetech was from USA so shipping to aus would be expensive.

|

7/31/2018 9:04 PM

kb228 wrote:

jamesdry wrote:

Thanks ill check it out! I thought racetech was from USA so shipping to aus would be expensive.

Yea just use it to find what you need and order from an aus company

|

8/1/2018 11:04 AM

Get a progressive rear spring. Need your weight, height, and type of riding to get you a correct rate.

|

8/1/2018 5:17 PM

Contact Terry Hay in AUS.

|

8/1/2018 5:40 PM

Unless your bike has the stock spring and someone has the correct spring rate for it, you will not be able to determine what spring is better/lighter unless you get your measured.

|