Handlebar Offset Recommendations

volcomrr
Edited Date/Time 5/4/2020 2:32pm
Messing around with my handlebars the other day, I realized the cockpit would feel a lot more comfortable if they were 1" to 2" further forward on the bike. I have a 2016 CRF450R. I have a super long torso and short legs, so that stock setup makes it feel awkward. With the current setup, it makes it extremely difficult to squeeze the bike with my legs as there isn't a great balance between my leg stance and the frame unless I'm on the very tip of my toes, which puts my shin in a more vertical position. I don't have full range of motion in my left ankle due to a previous road racing crash where I broke both sides of it, so it doesn't hinge toward the shin as far as my right ankle. I currently have Renthal RC bend handlebars. Moving the bars forward would facilitate this, as would moving the pegs towards the rear.

Anybody got any recommendations to aftermarket bar mounts, triple clamps, foot pegs that could further the distance between the bars and the footpegs? It seems that aftermarket clamps can only provide up to 5mm of movement, which is 2/10ths of an inch, basically not helping. Thanks.
|

Post a reply to: Handlebar Offset Recommendations

The Latest