Mxtech a48r kit

Sipes #412
I have a 2017 fc450 and was going to upgrade to the 2018 parts. I had a local shop quote me on the mxtech kit and I was wondering if it was worth the 419 dollars. I feel if I'm going to spend 419 dollars on that kit then I might as well spend a little extra and get the spring conversion. Just want to hear some thoughts and opinions on it.
|
paddyB745
3/28/2018 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2018 1:01pm
I had the midvalve updated a while ago with the MX Tech stuff and had the damping side fork revalved and it was good. Then I installed the A48-R cap myself last week and have rode it once with the whole set up done. It’s definitely better than the stock set up. I just ran their base air pressure settings and it was really good. I feel like with more time on it experimenting with air pressures and clickers it could be a great set up. The biggest thing I noticed with the A48 cap vs the stock air set up was how it ate up the small chop a lot better, you’re able to run a softer set up and not sacrifice as much bottoming.
Bike is a 2017 TC250
Sipes #412
3/28/2018 1:35pm
paddyB745 wrote:
I had the midvalve updated a while ago with the MX Tech stuff and had the damping side fork revalved and it was good. Then I...
I had the midvalve updated a while ago with the MX Tech stuff and had the damping side fork revalved and it was good. Then I installed the A48-R cap myself last week and have rode it once with the whole set up done. It’s definitely better than the stock set up. I just ran their base air pressure settings and it was really good. I feel like with more time on it experimenting with air pressures and clickers it could be a great set up. The biggest thing I noticed with the A48 cap vs the stock air set up was how it ate up the small chop a lot better, you’re able to run a softer set up and not sacrifice as much bottoming.
Bike is a 2017 TC250
I'm thinking of doing the midvalve first. Ride it and then go from there
AJ565
3/28/2018 1:59pm
paddyB745 wrote:
I had the midvalve updated a while ago with the MX Tech stuff and had the damping side fork revalved and it was good. Then I...
Bike is a 2017 TC250
I'm interested in hearing more about this and your settings. I have an '18 250sx and I've been looking at their setup and I like what you've mentioned about the chop and still good with the bottoming resistance.
paddyB745
3/28/2018 7:01pm
The main reason I chose the A48r over a spring conversion was the fact that it claimed to make it feel like a spring fork and saves you about 3lbs. Also, I like the idea of being able to change pressures for different track conditions and I also ride Offroad so I liked that I could set it softer for Offroad. I was talked out of a spring conversion by multiple people and decided to install the A48r while I had the cartridge apart replacing the old style air piston seal with the 2018 style seal. It feels more like a spring fork now, soft initially and doesn’t get that big ramp up in the mid stroke in the bigger bumps. So far I’m really happy with it.

The Shop

RockyRider
Fantasy
3372nd
3/29/2018 9:16pm
Sipes #412 wrote:
I have a 2017 fc450 and was going to upgrade to the 2018 parts. I had a local shop quote me on the mxtech kit and...
I have a 2017 fc450 and was going to upgrade to the 2018 parts. I had a local shop quote me on the mxtech kit and I was wondering if it was worth the 419 dollars. I feel if I'm going to spend 419 dollars on that kit then I might as well spend a little extra and get the spring conversion. Just want to hear some thoughts and opinions on it.
If you're gonna spend that then I would recommend waiting a little bit longer and just splurge on the lucky kit. We've been installing them left and right with nothing but great feedback.
skypig
3/29/2018 10:00pm
RockyRider wrote:
If you're gonna spend that then I would recommend waiting a little bit longer and just splurge on the lucky kit. We've been installing them left...
If you're gonna spend that then I would recommend waiting a little bit longer and just splurge on the lucky kit. We've been installing them left and right with nothing but great feedback.
What is this “lucky kit” of which you speak?
Sipes #412
3/30/2018 8:45am
Sipes #412 wrote:
I have a 2017 fc450 and was going to upgrade to the 2018 parts. I had a local shop quote me on the mxtech kit and...
RockyRider wrote:
If you're gonna spend that then I would recommend waiting a little bit longer and just splurge on the lucky kit. We've been installing them left...
What is the lucky kit?
RockyRider
Fantasy
3372nd
3/31/2018 7:16pm
Sipes #412 wrote:
RockyRider wrote:
Sipes #412 wrote:
What is the lucky kit?
https://mx-tech.com/lucky-wp-aer-dual-spring-conversion-w-springs/
Here's the link for it. Essentially it converts it back to a cartridge based fork with a bottom out "huck valve" in it. The whole kit is really clean and well done.
Solidkm
4/12/2018 5:53pm
Sipes #412 wrote:
RockyRider wrote:
I have been super interested on this lucky kit but have not been able to find any real feedback. Can you elaborate please? Specifically for off-road/hare scramble/GP Racing. Thank you!

Post a reply to: Mxtech a48r kit

The Latest