Mxtech a48r kit

Related:
Create New Tag

3/28/2018 10:45 AM

I have a 2017 fc450 and was going to upgrade to the 2018 parts. I had a local shop quote me on the mxtech kit and I was wondering if it was worth the 419 dollars. I feel if I'm going to spend 419 dollars on that kit then I might as well spend a little extra and get the spring conversion. Just want to hear some thoughts and opinions on it.

|

3/28/2018 1:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/28/2018 1:01 PM

I had the midvalve updated a while ago with the MX Tech stuff and had the damping side fork revalved and it was good. Then I installed the A48-R cap myself last week and have rode it once with the whole set up done. It’s definitely better than the stock set up. I just ran their base air pressure settings and it was really good. I feel like with more time on it experimenting with air pressures and clickers it could be a great set up. The biggest thing I noticed with the A48 cap vs the stock air set up was how it ate up the small chop a lot better, you’re able to run a softer set up and not sacrifice as much bottoming.
Bike is a 2017 TC250

|

3/28/2018 1:35 PM

paddyB745 wrote:

I had the midvalve updated a while ago with the MX Tech stuff and had the damping side fork revalved and it was good. Then I ...more

I'm thinking of doing the midvalve first. Ride it and then go from there

|

3/28/2018 1:59 PM

paddyB745 wrote:

I had the midvalve updated a while ago with the MX Tech stuff and had the damping side fork revalved and it was good. Then I ...more

I'm interested in hearing more about this and your settings. I have an '18 250sx and I've been looking at their setup and I like what you've mentioned about the chop and still good with the bottoming resistance.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

3/28/2018 7:01 PM

The main reason I chose the A48r over a spring conversion was the fact that it claimed to make it feel like a spring fork and saves you about 3lbs. Also, I like the idea of being able to change pressures for different track conditions and I also ride Offroad so I liked that I could set it softer for Offroad. I was talked out of a spring conversion by multiple people and decided to install the A48r while I had the cartridge apart replacing the old style air piston seal with the 2018 style seal. It feels more like a spring fork now, soft initially and doesn’t get that big ramp up in the mid stroke in the bigger bumps. So far I’m really happy with it.

|

3/29/2018 9:16 PM

Sipes #412 wrote:

I have a 2017 fc450 and was going to upgrade to the 2018 parts. I had a local shop quote me on the mxtech kit and I was ...more

If you're gonna spend that then I would recommend waiting a little bit longer and just splurge on the lucky kit. We've been installing them left and right with nothing but great feedback.

|

3/29/2018 10:00 PM

RockyRider wrote:

If you're gonna spend that then I would recommend waiting a little bit longer and just splurge on the lucky kit. We've been ...more

What is this “lucky kit” of which you speak?

|

3/30/2018 8:45 AM

Sipes #412 wrote:

I have a 2017 fc450 and was going to upgrade to the 2018 parts. I had a local shop quote me on the mxtech kit and I was ...more

RockyRider wrote:

If you're gonna spend that then I would recommend waiting a little bit longer and just splurge on the lucky kit. We've been ...more

What is the lucky kit?

|

3/31/2018 7:16 PM

Sipes #412 wrote:

RockyRider wrote:

Sipes #412 wrote:

What is the lucky kit?

https://mx-tech.com/lucky-wp-aer-dual-spring-conversion-w-springs/
Here's the link for it. Essentially it converts it back to a cartridge based fork with a bottom out "huck valve" in it. The whole kit is really clean and well done.

|

4/12/2018 5:53 PM

Sipes #412 wrote:

RockyRider wrote:

I have been super interested on this lucky kit but have not been able to find any real feedback. Can you elaborate please? Specifically for off-road/hare scramble/GP Racing. Thank you!

|