Mx stand suggestions

Edited Date/Time 2/1/2018 1:25pm
Hey guys looking for a new stand, currently have a standard tusk stand but looking to get a lift type stand. I am really liking the Matrix Concepts LS1 stand but there is no reviews on it.... I am a review kinda guy any info would be good or any other recommendations on a lift type stand. Thanks
|
Acidreamer
1/25/2018 5:55pm
Harbor freight literally makes the best stands money can buy. I would never waste more than $25 on a stand. I own 2 HF stands and theyre phenomenal. The rubber on top is still nice after 6 years of use.
1/25/2018 6:26pm
Honda11 wrote:
https://www.ridersdomain.com/motorcycle-accessories/motorsport-products-p-12-adjustable-lift-stand-p?s=91472&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq6Ls_cP02AIVGJ7ACh3klQCGEAQYAyABEgIWcvD_BwE I used one of these exact stands for years of on and off racing (always kept this stand when i sold my bike) and i...
https://www.ridersdomain.com/motorcycle-accessories/motorsport-products…

I used one of these exact stands for years of on and off racing (always kept this stand when i sold my bike) and i loved it. It was nice and simple, and held up well. Only issue was a nut came loose on one of the levers after a few years. The rubber held up great.
I have had horrible luck with hf stuff except for there air compressors... I have one that is about 10 years old and works like new. Honda11- can you keep the bike on the stand when not is use?
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
1/25/2018 6:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2018 6:59pm
Hey guy,

What kind of stand works for your rats nest? Got any rats nest stand reviews?

tiy

The Shop

1/25/2018 7:19pm
kzizok wrote:
Hey guy, What kind of stand works for your rats nest? Got any rats nest stand reviews? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/25/240307/s1200_B41B61B6_6A99_41D0_8EB6_EC57654793A2.jpg[/img] tiy
Hey guy,

What kind of stand works for your rats nest? Got any rats nest stand reviews?

tiy
You have a thing about my rats nest dont you, unless I am missing a inside joke somewhere. None the less I am still finding little dingle berries from that little prick. As far as a good stand him I would think a wooden box with weed and some hard liquor....
KDXGarage
1/26/2018 2:12am
"looking to get a lift type stand"

Reading is FUNdamental.
Moto520
1/26/2018 9:22am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2018 1:25pm
I haven't had good luck with any of the plastic Matrix stands. They crack. The aluminum A2 stand is the best ever. The Motosport lift stand is made very well.
jamiehughes
2/1/2018 10:18am
Acidreamer wrote:
Harbor freight literally makes the best stands money can buy. I would never waste more than $25 on a stand. I own 2 HF stands and...
Harbor freight literally makes the best stands money can buy. I would never waste more than $25 on a stand. I own 2 HF stands and theyre phenomenal. The rubber on top is still nice after 6 years of use.
i bought one of those cheap harbor freight stands for just a little YZ85 and had to grind away part of the step down pedal just to be able to get enough throw on it to latch before the pedal hits the ground plus i had to grind the arm to make it clear the actual stand..now if you put the little roll pin in as a stopper every time you lift the bike and i mean every single time you will be fine but as a person who has owned quite a few lift type stands i gotta tell you that putting that in every time sucks but if you don't the bike will fall almost every singe time and if you accidentally just barely touch the bike when it's on the stand it will fall too.. these stands suck..
kb228
2/1/2018 11:30am
Acidreamer wrote:
Harbor freight literally makes the best stands money can buy. I would never waste more than $25 on a stand. I own 2 HF stands and...
i bought one of those cheap harbor freight stands for just a little YZ85 and had to grind away part of the step down pedal just...
i bought one of those cheap harbor freight stands for just a little YZ85 and had to grind away part of the step down pedal just to be able to get enough throw on it to latch before the pedal hits the ground plus i had to grind the arm to make it clear the actual stand..now if you put the little roll pin in as a stopper every time you lift the bike and i mean every single time you will be fine but as a person who has owned quite a few lift type stands i gotta tell you that putting that in every time sucks but if you don't the bike will fall almost every singe time and if you accidentally just barely touch the bike when it's on the stand it will fall too.. these stands suck..
My brother used a HF stand with his yz85 and literally never had a problem.
jamiehughes
2/1/2018 11:36am
well i'm glad you got a good one..on their website there is a ton of crappy reviews for exactly the same reason that i had a problem with and i thought since it was such a small bike and the fact that we actually were able to modify it some i thought we would be ok but we got a junky one that wont stay up on it's own and don't use it for any of our rides any more..
Moto520
2/1/2018 1:24pm
Although I just bashed the Matrix a little.....their big A2 aluminum stand has got to be the best, most solid stand made. I just realized that I have one and should probably edit my last post. Great stand. The Works Connection stand is also awesome but it doesn't have the hole cut out for draining oil.

Post a reply to: Mx stand suggestions

The Latest