Mx gear

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2018 9:17 AM

I don't know where to put this but this seemed best. I've wore all kinds of gear and it all seems to rip out in my knees after 3 or 4 rides. I where knee braces. But I can't afford to be buying 5 sets of gear every summer. All the brand's that have ripped out are, fasthouse, fly, answer, shift, and fox. If gear wasn't $200+ a set I wouldn't worry about it. I understand its a wear and tear thing but as someone who rides daily its not fun.

|

8/20/2018 9:48 AM

I'm assuming you're asking for gear recommendations that don't blow out as easily?

I have had good results with TLD SE gear, as well as Alias gear. Alias has since gone out of business, but if you can find new or like-new Alias stuff, it might be worth a shot.

|

8/20/2018 1:01 PM

TLD here with no complaints ??

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

8/20/2018 1:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2018 1:05 PM

aspiess328 wrote:

I'm assuming you're asking for gear recommendations that don't blow out as easily?

I have had good results with TLD SE gear, ...more

I've had alias and tld as well but never wore them much as they fit odd on me. But thank you for your input as I may try tld again

|

8/20/2018 1:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2018 1:10 PM

Might sound crazy but Thor gear has some really good pants. I have a set of mobius braces and have worn them for 2 seasons so far (im only a weekend warrior) but ive taken falls and spills with the braces rubbing the pants and no tears. I DO have tears in the pants though but they came from my kicker getting caught in the stretchy knee material and ripping it and just general wrecks.

Also Shot gear is really good. Its what some of the enduro guys wear and I know they wear braces and it seems to last a while as well.

|

8/21/2018 7:01 AM

If youre buying the top of the line stuff its not uncommon for them to be sacrificing durability for the sake of performance and weight

|