Morini Franco Motor

samifan
7/17/2018 10:52am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2018 10:57am
Can anyone help me ID this Morini Franco 50cc motor? It's in an early 90's LEM 50cc LX3. It is very similar to the Morini Franco s5 but the bottom end is a bit different. Some tell-tale differences is the shape of the cases on the flywheel side, as well as the traditional facing kick-starter, unlike almost all the Morini Franco motors that have them swinging the opposite direction. I have had a really tough time finding even pictures of this particular engine.

Thing has been sitting since I moved out of the 50 class, which is more years than I care to know these days. Decided to get her going again to help a local family who wants to get their grand kids into riding. The bike needs a flywheel, but unfortunately they are very hard to come by these days. There's an aftermarket company that makes a complete ignition replacement system for the s5 motor but I'm not 100% sure it would work in this one. Any help would be appreciated!

Link to the ignition:

http://www.blackdragonignition.com/morini-franco-ignition.html

|
samifan
7/17/2018 10:57am
Here's the only two photos I've came across so far of the motor. One post says it's a s5-gs motor but I haven't been able to find anything on that when searching.

Post a reply to: Morini Franco Motor

The Latest