Modern day suspension help

Related:
Create New Tag

9/4/2018 5:54 AM

My current bike is a : 2019 yz250f

Suspension is still bone stock I haven't had the bike to long so been riding it stock

my question is about the springs in the forks and rear shock, how do I know if theyre correct for my weight

what should the free sag be for the shock and fork as well as the race sag ??

my current issue that im experiencing is I feel that the front end feels abit soft and divvy so I stiffen it up by 1 or 2 click on comp in the forks but then I get a harsh feeling going through the stroke.... forks are also using 100% of there travel 98% of the time

|

9/4/2018 6:10 AM

how much do you weight?

Check out race techs website. It will tell you recommended springs based on your height weight and riding

|

9/4/2018 6:19 AM

fourfourone wrote:

how much do you weight?

Check out race techs website. It will tell you recommended springs based on your height weight and riding

I way 168lbs b rider ive been told by the guys a enzo that the set up stock is pretty good for me but I could try going one spring harder in one of the fork legs ?

|

9/4/2018 6:26 AM

Your owners manual should have this info in it.

Paw Paw

|

9/4/2018 7:31 AM

The Race Tech website literally does all this work for you. Spring rate is only part of the equation to consider. Both shock and forks should be valved for your skill level / conditions you ride. Fork oil height is another variable to consider when it comes to dialing in the feel to your liking.

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

9/6/2018 3:50 PM

All springs and rates can and will vary. Until it is torn down and tested you can only go by sag.

|

9/6/2018 4:48 PM

Like already stated... Most owners manuals have a suspension section that tells the OEM spring rates, optional springs, static sag and suggested race sag. After you have that info , then visit or call Race Tech to get the proper spring rates for you. That will tell you if the need to be changes. No need to buy new springs if the OEM units are already correct.

Paw Paw

|