Marchesini Rock Wheels on 2018 YZ450F

cur4vnm
Edited Date/Time 7/30/2018 6:25pm
Hey there I'm new to the site but not new to riding and since i can't seem to find much help i thought id make a post in search of some kind of help if anyone has encountered the issue I'm having.

I recently purchased a 2018 yz450f and wanted to make it even nicer.... i just got these wheels in and after i went to test fit them i ran into rear wheel fitment issues. With the stock wheel spacers the wheel is about a 1/4" too wide. I have spoke with the shop i ordered through and they aren't being much help....everyone else I've called doesn't want to help because i didn't buy through them so I'm reaching out to see if anyone has this same setup or had issues installing them on their bikes?
Yamaha has told me all bike 2009+ are the same rear wheel setups and everything is interchangeable, the front wheel fit like a glove.

So any help would be much appreciated so i can get this thing back on the ground and go ride.... Thanks in advance
|
7/23/2018 4:35pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2018 4:37pm
Which way does it need to go? You can take however much material off a spacer to make it fit, or use your previous spacers assuming the wheel doesn’t need proprietary spacers.

They probably sent you the wrong ones?

Edit: doing some research, your stock spacers should work.
bgpn35
7/24/2018 7:28pm
Use the stock spacer, just cut off the plastic around it. I have the same set and that’s all you need to do
cur4vnm
7/25/2018 9:10am
bgpn35 wrote:
Use the stock spacer, just cut off the plastic around it. I have the same set and that’s all you need to do
that'd be awesome if thats all id need to do....... do you happen to have any pics? And your bike is an 18' as well right? And di you remove the plastic from both sides or one?
bgpn35
7/25/2018 10:07am
cur4vnm wrote:
that'd be awesome if thats all id need to do....... do you happen to have any pics? And your bike is an 18' as well right...
that'd be awesome if thats all id need to do....... do you happen to have any pics? And your bike is an 18' as well right? And di you remove the plastic from both sides or one?
Yes that is all you need to do, in the first pic I had them on my 17 and then when I got the 18 I switched them over.

The Shop

bgpn35
7/25/2018 10:11am
cur4vnm wrote:
that'd be awesome if thats all id need to do....... do you happen to have any pics? And your bike is an 18' as well right...
Not sure why my first pic didn’t load so I’m going to try and do it again. To cut them off you just need some diagonals and snip away till you pull them off, takes about a min to do
cur4vnm
7/27/2018 2:57pm
cur4vnm wrote:
bgpn35 wrote:
Not sure why my first pic didn’t load so I’m going to try and do it again. To cut them off you just need some diagonals...
Not sure why my first pic didn’t load so I’m going to try and do it again. To cut them off you just need some diagonals and snip away till you pull them off, takes about a min to do
thank you for the pics and info. I got the wheel on but now it looks like its grinding the brake pads to where the wheel won't roll freely its a bit of effort to get it to move at. Did you have the same issue? shavings are coming off with ease.....
cur4vnm
7/27/2018 4:22pm
cur4vnm wrote:
bgpn35 wrote:
Not sure why my first pic didn’t load so I’m going to try and do it again. To cut them off you just need some diagonals...
cur4vnm wrote:
thank you for the pics and info. I got the wheel on but now it looks like its grinding the brake pads to where the wheel...
thank you for the pics and info. I got the wheel on but now it looks like its grinding the brake pads to where the wheel won't roll freely its a bit of effort to get it to move at. Did you have the same issue? shavings are coming off with ease.....

7/27/2018 4:46pm
last time I had an issue like that was because someone had put the spacers round the wrong way but that was on a husky.
bgpn35
7/27/2018 6:48pm
cur4vnm wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/27/277271/s1200_E18DB613_8519_41F0_B24D_7F982CED154A.jpg[/img]

You are welcome and no I have never had a issue with mine. The only thing I would do is take it back off and try again, no reason it shouldn’t have worked
.kyle
7/28/2018 2:11am
Do you happen to know if these Marchesini wheels lighter are than stock ones?
cur4vnm
7/30/2018 6:22pm
.kyle wrote:
Do you happen to know if these Marchesini wheels lighter are than stock ones?
man i had full intentions on finding out and was so excited to put them on i forgot to weigh them they feel very similar to stock though. now that the tires are on i can't get an accurate weight.
cur4vnm
7/30/2018 6:24pm
cur4vnm wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/27/277271/s1200_E18DB613_8519_41F0_B24D_7F982CED154A.jpg[/img]

bgpn35 wrote:
You are welcome and no I have never had a issue with mine. The only thing I would do is take it back off and try...
You are welcome and no I have never had a issue with mine. The only thing I would do is take it back off and try again, no reason it shouldn’t have worked
it worked and rolls just unsure as to why its rubbing the outside brake pad. Im not sure theres any adjusted to be made to fix this either.Do you happen to know the part numbers you had on the wheels? They should be the same but this is too close to live with. I even swapped wheel spacers and didn't matter they are the same size.

Post a reply to: Marchesini Rock Wheels on 2018 YZ450F

The Latest