Looking to update my 2016 KTM 450 SXF to a 2019 450 SXF but...Airforks????

1/27/2019 6:51pm
As the title says. Im looking to update my 2016 to a 2019 but the 2019 has the AES. Wondering what others have done to improve the front forks. If staying with AES, what can be done to improve them.The AES is the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on the 2019.

Does anyone think KTM may eventually go away from the AES?
|
Alec138
1/27/2019 6:55pm
kaptankaos wrote:
As the title says. Im looking to update my 2016 to a 2019 but the 2019 has the AES. Wondering what others have done to improve...
As the title says. Im looking to update my 2016 to a 2019 but the 2019 has the AES. Wondering what others have done to improve the front forks. If staying with AES, what can be done to improve them.The AES is the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on the 2019.

ride faster. the slower you go the forks suck more. I just picked up a 16 350sxf that has air forks. 1st time out on IT MURDERED me. Went riding today and was hauling through the trails and it felt nicer. Not as good as SSS from Kayaba but not like the 1st time.
WEAL
1/27/2019 11:28pm
19 has a very good AER fork, try it.
Lynch
1/28/2019 12:43am
kaptankaos wrote:
As the title says. Im looking to update my 2016 to a 2019 but the 2019 has the AES. Wondering what others have done to improve...

Alec138 wrote:
ride faster. the slower you go the forks suck more. I just picked up a 16 350sxf that has air forks. 1st time out on IT...
ride faster. the slower you go the forks suck more. I just picked up a 16 350sxf that has air forks. 1st time out on IT MURDERED me. Went riding today and was hauling through the trails and it felt nicer. Not as good as SSS from Kayaba but not like the 1st time.
What? He hasn't even bought the bike or written his skill level and your response is ride faster Pinch

ONT: If you are coming from the 16 with 4CS forks you will love the AER forks even in stock trim, I moved away from the AER forks because I was going for a different feeling but I am sure someone with real knowledge about rebuilds/valving will chim in soon.
1/28/2019 1:02am
Lynch wrote:
What? He hasn't even bought the bike or written his skill level and your response is ride faster :pinch: ONT: If you are coming from the...
What? He hasn't even bought the bike or written his skill level and your response is ride faster Pinch

ONT: If you are coming from the 16 with 4CS forks you will love the AER forks even in stock trim, I moved away from the AER forks because I was going for a different feeling but I am sure someone with real knowledge about rebuilds/valving will chim in soon.
Thank you. Intermediate rider weight 215.

The Shop

Lynch
1/28/2019 1:10am
kaptankaos wrote:
Thank you. Intermediate rider weight 215.
Spring the forks and shock for your weight and I think you will be happy for a long time, I used stock 2017 AER forks for almost 100 hours without any problems. The issue is when you get to test something that feels better haha!

2019 AER's are way better than the 2016 4CS forks.
Alec138
1/28/2019 3:10am
kaptankaos wrote:

Alec138 wrote:
ride faster. the slower you go the forks suck more. I just picked up a 16 350sxf that has air forks. 1st time out on IT...
Lynch wrote:
What? He hasn't even bought the bike or written his skill level and your response is ride faster :pinch: ONT: If you are coming from the...

It applies to either situation. Doesnt matter if he has it or not. To make them work well you have to be fast.
Lynch
1/28/2019 3:17am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2019 3:18am
Alec138 wrote:
It applies to either situation. Doesnt matter if he has it or not. To make them work well you have to be fast.
No you don't have to be fast to make them work, you have to set them up for your own capability Sideways
Alec138
1/28/2019 3:19am
Alec138 wrote:
Lynch wrote:
No you don't have to be fast to make them work, you have to set them up for your own capability Sideways
Ok. Set them up and be fast. Fixed. Never heard of fast rider complain about air forks.
Lynch
1/28/2019 3:57am
A lot of riders complain about air forks, why do you think kaptankaos came in here and asked about them? Telling someone that their suspension isn't working right because they are slow is ignorant. The AER forks are great for the general public, meaning they will work for the vast majority of people. Even if they are a weekend warrior or a local pro/national pro.

You don't see many people complain about SSS forks, Cone valves or Öhlins.
1/28/2019 4:43am
Lynch wrote:
A lot of riders complain about air forks, why do you think kaptankaos came in here and asked about them? Telling someone that their suspension isn't...
A lot of riders complain about air forks, why do you think kaptankaos came in here and asked about them? Telling someone that their suspension isn't working right because they are slow is ignorant. The AER forks are great for the general public, meaning they will work for the vast majority of people. Even if they are a weekend warrior or a local pro/national pro.

You don't see many people complain about SSS forks, Cone valves or Öhlins.
This is why I’m asking. Want to be prepared for what is in store.

Post a reply to: Looking to update my 2016 KTM 450 SXF to a 2019 450 SXF but...Airforks????

The Latest