Looking For Wheelset For '17 CRF450X

PinkTaco
5/1/2020 11:41am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2020 5:59pm
Hey guys! I bought a set of Tusk wheels for my CRF450R recently and wanted to get the same set for my 2017 CRF450X. The problem is they don't seem to offer Tusk in a set for that bike. My thoughts are its because of the odometer cog on the front wheel. I'm running a Trail Tech on the bike so I've bypassed the odometer. My question is whether a different front wheel, say from a 450R, would fit my bike. Hopefully that makes sense. Any help is greatly appreciated!

|
CSAR FE
5/1/2020 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2020 6:12pm
PinkTaco wrote:
Hey guys! I bought a set of Tusk wheels for my CRF450R recently and wanted to get the same set for my 2017 CRF450X. The problem...
Hey guys! I bought a set of Tusk wheels for my CRF450R recently and wanted to get the same set for my 2017 CRF450X. The problem is they don't seem to offer Tusk in a set for that bike. My thoughts are its because of the odometer cog on the front wheel. I'm running a Trail Tech on the bike so I've bypassed the odometer. My question is whether a different front wheel, say from a 450R, would fit my bike. Hopefully that makes sense. Any help is greatly appreciated!

You can get the same set and run them on your X if you buy the front axle and wheel spacers from the R model. eBay has them for dirt cheap.

I have a wheelset for an 07-08 R model from fasterUSA on my X, and went this route. Works perfectly.
PinkTaco
5/1/2020 5:54pm
PinkTaco wrote:
Hey guys! I bought a set of Tusk wheels for my CRF450R recently and wanted to get the same set for my 2017 CRF450X. The problem...

CSAR FE wrote:
You can get the same set and run them on your X if you buy the front axle and wheel spacers from the R model. eBay...
You can get the same set and run them on your X if you buy the front axle and wheel spacers from the R model. eBay has them for dirt cheap.

I have a wheelset for an 07-08 R model from fasterUSA on my X, and went this route. Works perfectly.
Awesome, thats the info I needed. So, if I order a set for a 2008 R model plus the axle and spacers it should be good to go? Just not sure if all the R front ends are interchangeable.
Thanks again!
CSAR FE
5/1/2020 5:59pm
PinkTaco wrote:

CSAR FE wrote:
You can get the same set and run them on your X if you buy the front axle and wheel spacers from the R model. eBay...

PinkTaco wrote:
Awesome, thats the info I needed. So, if I order a set for a 2008 R model plus the axle and spacers it should be good...
Awesome, thats the info I needed. So, if I order a set for a 2008 R model plus the axle and spacers it should be good to go? Just not sure if all the R front ends are interchangeable.
Thanks again!
Yep, 07-08 will work

Post a reply to: Looking For Wheelset For '17 CRF450X

The Latest