Lock on grip throttle tube compared to stock

Mx746
Ive got some ODI's on a 20 yz125, I noticed the thickess of the cam surface that the cable rests on is significantly more narrow than stock throttle tubes surface. It hasn't gotten stuck just operating it on the stand but Id rather find lock on grips with a throttle tube exact same width as stock ...anyone else notice this?
|
Crash217
9/17/2021 1:03pm
Been running ODI lock on's for 7+ years on a variety of different bikes 2 and 4 stroke. Never had a problem.
Mx746
9/17/2021 4:19pm
Crash217 wrote:
Been running ODI lock on's for 7+ years on a variety of different bikes 2 and 4 stroke. Never had a problem.
It’s probably fine, I just prefer one same width as stock for peace of mind- stock cam cable guide is slightly longer as well - I just like option of aftermarket grips without having to glue
cwtoyota
9/28/2021 2:51pm
Crash217 wrote:
Mx746 wrote:
It’s probably fine, I just prefer one same width as stock for peace of mind- stock cam cable guide is slightly longer as well - I...
It’s probably fine, I just prefer one same width as stock for peace of mind- stock cam cable guide is slightly longer as well - I just like option of aftermarket grips without having to glue
I have had the ODI's on my YZ125, YZ250 and on my KX500 with a YZ throttle... The two YZ's have been trouble free since 2019 when I switched to ODI grips. The KX has a few motos on it with zero problems.

When the throttle is closed, there isn't room for the cable to slip off the side of the quadrant.

When the throttle is wide open, you can push it off either side with your finger.
Try it while holding the pulley in place and let the throttle close to see what happens.

Mine pops right back on due to the angle the cable enters the quadrant and the tension.

If it's a serious concern, you could make a large thin shim to take up the extra space between the quadrant and the housing. If you do that, make for damn sure your shim is smooth and cannot bind up the throttle.

Post a reply to: Lock on grip throttle tube compared to stock

The Latest