Loading a bike in a tall truck

BobPA
4/20/2018 9:47am
Falcon wrote:
Unloading: Stand out side the truck with your left hand on the grip. (If your truck is too tall for this, then forget this idea.) Put...
Unloading: Stand out side the truck with your left hand on the grip. (If your truck is too tall for this, then forget this idea.)
Put your right hand under the swingarm with your palm up, like you are holding a shotput.
Walk the bike straight out with the rear wheel on your shoulder. Don't try to let it down.
As soon as the front wheel rolls off the tailgate, let go with your right hand. Both wheels will drop to the ground simultaneously and you will look like a complete stud.
I did this all the time with my Comanche. Makes you look like a boss
kb228
4/20/2018 12:19pm
kb228 wrote:
Stepping onto a stand is the only thing i can think of. I use a hitch hauler on my truck. Trying to push the bike up...
Stepping onto a stand is the only thing i can think of.

I use a hitch hauler on my truck. Trying to push the bike up after a long ride day is near impossible.
What brand hitch hauler? Been thinking this is the way I want to go.
Its a steel one from walmarts website. Cost $75. Works pretty good. Only complaint i have is the ramp walls are narrow so if you catch it with a knob it falls off.

If i did it again id fork more cash for a better one.
4/21/2018 3:10am
I went from a 15 Silverado to a Ridgeline. Everyone makes fun of them but they make most normal tasks easy, including loading bikes.
4/24/2018 11:20am
New pickups got tall, I got old. Bought a trailer with a ramp door. Now I just drive in and park.
Same here Work Smarter not Harder Smile

The Shop

4/24/2018 1:20pm
New pickups got tall, I got old. Bought a trailer with a ramp door. Now I just drive in and park.
526 wrote:
Same here Work Smarter not Harder Smile
yup.

Post a reply to: Loading a bike in a tall truck

The Latest