LiFePO4 battery charging question

TheFish
Gents, I have a newbie question. Does a battery in a '23 YZ250f have on board charge management? I ask because my brand new bike came complete with a flat battery (have to love that, getting to the track all excited and....), so I took it out and charged it on my fancy LiPo charger. Then after about 2AH going into the battery it came up with "Battery diconnected". I assume that the battery has got some fancy circuitry in there that cut the battery off from getting overcharged (it cut it off when it was under charged as well, thing was reading 0.5V with the multimeter and manual said that was sleep mode)
Thanks for input
|
TheFish
9/29/2022 10:26pm
Thanks for that reply. I tried the whole waking it up from sleep method in that thread. Turns out it is just plain dead. Went and got an aftermarket lithium battery, charged it up and no issues now. I did read somewhere that the OEM batteries might not be so great after all so I figured no great loss, better that it let go now than on the track.

How long will it take for a good motorbike lithium battery to go flat? I see people hooking battery maintainers to their seldom used road bikes sometimes.

swordfish
9/30/2022 4:47am
TheFish wrote:
Thanks for that reply. I tried the whole waking it up from sleep method in that thread. Turns out it is just plain dead. Went and...
Thanks for that reply. I tried the whole waking it up from sleep method in that thread. Turns out it is just plain dead. Went and got an aftermarket lithium battery, charged it up and no issues now. I did read somewhere that the OEM batteries might not be so great after all so I figured no great loss, better that it let go now than on the track.

How long will it take for a good motorbike lithium battery to go flat? I see people hooking battery maintainers to their seldom used road bikes sometimes.

I’ve never charged my Lithium battery on my 21 TX300. 195 hours on bike, ran in freezing temps in winter. Stored in a non heated garage.

Post a reply to: LiFePO4 battery charging question

The Latest