Lectron fitment issue; air boot against the shock - YZ125

My buddy just installed a Lectron on a 2015 YZ125, and the air boot is now pressed up against the shock spring. He called Lectron and they said perhaps remove the reed cage spacer. Anyone have any input or experience on this matter?? Pros/Cons of removing a reed cage spacer??
|
Paul_Pitzonka
10/2/2019 6:30am
Removing the reed cage spacer makes the intake runner shorter and changes the torque curve, bike would have more response in the lower rpms... (Although, lectrons are longer carb bodies overall so you may end up with the same runner length)
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
10/2/2019 9:34am
There is no reed block spacer on the YZ125. You're likely getting it confused with the YZ250 which does have one.

This is why I avoid aftermarket carbs which tend to have poor fitment compatibility.
Bruce372
10/2/2019 2:01pm
It's a common issue with metering rod carbs... they are massive and a pain to fit properly on some modern bikes
Billet526
10/2/2019 7:49pm
I can help, we have several yz125s w/different engine packages. Our mod motors do run a reed spacer, the stock motors do not.
The Lectron does not fit w/ the reed spacer (at least for us). The Lectron does fit without the spacer but does rub the air boot just a lil. The air boot also rubs on the shock due to the reed spacer (3/8") on the mod motors. The air boot rubbing is not an issue and never has been.
The Lectron on our YZs has been really good.

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
10/2/2019 10:39pm
This happened on my KTM 125 when I tried a Lectron. I just kept an eye on it, but never was a problem. I used the carb for 20-25hours then went back to OEM.
10/3/2019 5:13am
Billet526 wrote:
I can help, we have several yz125s w/different engine packages. Our mod motors do run a reed spacer, the stock motors do not. The Lectron does...
I can help, we have several yz125s w/different engine packages. Our mod motors do run a reed spacer, the stock motors do not.
The Lectron does not fit w/ the reed spacer (at least for us). The Lectron does fit without the spacer but does rub the air boot just a lil. The air boot also rubs on the shock due to the reed spacer (3/8") on the mod motors. The air boot rubbing is not an issue and never has been.
The Lectron on our YZs has been really good.
Boom. Perfect, thanks for the response! Getting this bike reassembled after getting the top end back from Max RPM who punched it out with the 139cc kit and cut the head for straight VP T2.. Needless to say, my buddy is anxious to see what the bike feels like. Mind sharing a little more about the various engine packages you're running, or any tips/tricks for the YZ125 with the lectron?? I'm sure my friend would love to geek out over what you've got going on
10/3/2019 5:16am
This happened on my KTM 125 when I tried a Lectron. I just kept an eye on it, but never was a problem. I used the...
This happened on my KTM 125 when I tried a Lectron. I just kept an eye on it, but never was a problem. I used the carb for 20-25hours then went back to OEM.
What didn't you like about it enough to make you totally ditch it, if you don't mind me asking??? I've seen plenty of banter about Lectron's vs. well setup Keihin's - curious to hear your first hand experiences
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
10/3/2019 6:05am
This happened on my KTM 125 when I tried a Lectron. I just kept an eye on it, but never was a problem. I used the...
What didn't you like about it enough to make you totally ditch it, if you don't mind me asking??? I've seen plenty of banter about Lectron's...
What didn't you like about it enough to make you totally ditch it, if you don't mind me asking??? I've seen plenty of banter about Lectron's vs. well setup Keihin's - curious to hear your first hand experiences
I rode my bike back to back with a stock 125 and it was way more punch off the bottom end. The lectron made great smooth power all over. But not as crisp and hard hitting.

One thing to consider is that I used this 2 years ago and I think they’ve had a lot of development since then. The setting I had was smooth and easy to ride for trails which makes sense because that’s mostly who used those carbs at the time.

I went to the stock carb with JD jet kit and the bike is super crisp all over.

Post a reply to: Lectron fitment issue; air boot against the shock - YZ125

The Latest